I developed a bad raised heat rash a week ago on the inside of both breast. it would itch like crazy! The heat would make it worse when I sweat. Cortisone creme helped the topical area but my rt breast swelled and became hot and red on the inside. I had lumps under my skin -like glands pop up and the itch was horible!! I went to NP who put me on docicylin(SP) and said get checked in 1 week. Went to gyn becasue she mentioned cancer. He saw it and added a steriod pack. I had lost a lot of the swelling by the time I saw him but still red splottchy area. I was given till friday to be better or get a biopsy..I am terrified ..I read about this and am so deppressed. I am 49 and started my 2 year of menopause. I have large breast and am use to yeast infections and rashes on them. I have improved but the itch is mild and the rash is still visible even though a lot has calmed down but not gone. He said it was impossible for me to have an infection,or my diabetes would cause it.
I have 2 days to be healed. I am left feeling hopless like this is the only reason for the rash. I fear if I get hot at all it will flare up.
Sorry for rambling .I feel like a fool for not taking rashes more seriously.experiences please let me know
li

I have experienced the rash, periodically, under my breasts for years. I have scars where it stayed for a long time. The idea was that sweat in that area creates bacteria, which then creates a rash. I am large breasted and love the outdoors. My cotton bra absorbed the sweat but then acted as a sponge holding it there until I showered and changed. My history of remedies in order of trial: baby powder, yeast infection creams, Gold Bond Medicated powder. I suggest you shower, dry off, cool off, apply Gold Bond or similar brand(I use store brand now). I do this everyday as part of my regular dressing routine. I never get a rash now. When I did before I would have to stay home and not wear a bra for about two days until it went away. The drawbacks for me is sometimes the powder shows up on my shirt. The powder can be used externally wherever you get a rash like this.