My surgery was good and I am happy except I would like to know why the area below the arm pit is so much more full and fatty? I reduced my cup size but now I'm thicker around. Why and should I see my surgeon for a possible remedy?

Hi there, I have just had a breast reduction on December 7th and I was told i could have liposuction at no extra cost, if I was still unhappy with fatty tissue under my armpits, but to give the bruising a couple of months to settle down

I also recently had a reduction (last week) and they did liposuction in my armpit area during the surgery. I still feel very puffy under my arms, but I am hoping that it is due to the swelling. Please let me know how things turned out for you. I am still trying to adjust to my new look. I'm glad that I had it done, but I get very emotional about it sometimes and cry. My breast are still swollen and bruised, and the look horrible. My husband keeps telling me that they are still healing and that they are going to look better, and I know it is true, but I am having a hard time dealing right now. I feel very unattractive and I am just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. I really am happy that I had it done, but I am also struggling with depression. I am at home alone while he is at work and sometimes get the blues. I know I still have several weeks before I go back to work. It would be nice to establish some sort of relationship online with others like myself to get through these trying times.

lilolme,

Dear you said you are happy you did it but now you are in a depression. You said your breasts look horrible. How can you say you are happy you did it until you are healed and get the final results? Surgury is rarley ever perfect. Belive me I know from experience.

It will be one week since my reduction tomorrow. I opted for the underarm liposuction. The bruising and swelling is terrible under one arm more than the other as my breasts were different sizes and needed different amounts removed. I am still experiencing a lot of pain and fits of tears. I am not sure if the crying is due to pain or the fact that I possibly expected different results. Prior to surgery I was a 38 DD (very full) and wanted to be a C or a small D. I think that because I am still pretty much filling out my previous bras that I am still a D and now wish I was smaller still. My doctor told me to wear one of my bras just to remove the underwire... due to the swelling and bruising I am feeling so much pressure and my bra is literally digging in on my sides and I am wondering if anyone has found a special type of bra that doesn't dig in so much? Also, the dr prescribed 30 percacets and I have only 4 left. Does that seem like I have taken to many? The RX said to take 1-2 every 4-6 hours as required... I feel like I have really spread them out but am scared to ask for more.