I recently had a bronchoscopy and the images show large red blotches in my airway. Can you tell what this may indicate?

The red blotches can be a lot of things. It depends on what other symptoms you are having. Rather than speculate, can you tell me what other issues you have been having? It would help to have a better idea only because oftentimes the symptoms you experience can be indicative of a lot of different things. Straight off the bat, with red blotches, I think of strep or something like that, but if you aren't having a fever or anything like that, there's no way to know. PLease let us know. Thank you!

Red blotches were identified as submucosal hemmoraghia, Dr referring me to UCSF because they have not been able to identify cause. No allergies, negative IG test including ANA testing. Chronic problem for 2 years. Initially experienced labored breathing, gagging, difficulty talking. All lasting about 1 year. Still experiencing blood in sputum and hypersecretion of mucous. Any ideas?? Anyone....please help.

THat's very strange then that you've gotten that diagnosis, or at least that identification. I am glad that your doctor is at least referring you instead of giving up right now because I read a lot of people who post here whose doctors have essentially given up and it's pretty sad to read about at times. It's hard to tell what it is but I think that the doctors who are at UCSF will be able to find the source to help you. PLease keep us updated okay?