Last week we returned from our 10 day vacation in the Playa Del Carmen-Tulum area.
3 of us went and luckily I am the only one not suffering from some sort of bug bite, parasite, or e-coli aliment.
My question today is concerning the reaction my husband is having to some bites on his feet. They started out as hard red bumps on his toes. Now the toes are swollen and he has developed red puss filled lines that to me look like the tracks left in grass from moles.
Has anyone ever developed a rash like described above? The doctor at the walk in clinic told him he is probably suffering from an allergic reaction to sand fleas and gave him a topical cream to treat the itching. I have never seen a rash like this before and don’t really agree with the doctor’s diagnosis.

I am somewhat relieved to hear that this has occured in someone else that visited the same region. We spent our Christmas holiday diving in Cozumel and now I have a freakish ultra itchy rash atop my foot. I just deceided to do some browsing and thankfully I saw yours. Hopefully this will just run its course and be done. How did your husband's heal and how long did it take?

We were in Tulum in February, and a few days after we came back my 22 year old sons foot became swollen. Our doctor said it was probably nothing. Six months later, it's still swollen and he went to have xrays and an ultrasound, we have been told he probably got bitten by something down there and the swelling will never go down. What the hell is there down there that bites that bad on the beaches, matter of fact, I don't think he even made it to the beach. I think he spent most of his time in the pool or at the bar.

i have the same symptoms, how long did the itch at the top of the foot last? we stayed in the same region.

someone please answer as it has been on my foot for 2 months