I am a 19 year old male. I've noticed for a while that I have these white bumps on the shaft of my penis and a few on the lower head of the penis. I am a virgin and have not had any sexual relations with anyone. I want to know, how can I tell if i have PPP or some sort of STD (since it is possible, though rare, to get an STD at birth; i don't know if either of my parents had an STD). Thanks a lot. I'm a little embarrassed to go to the doctors or my parents.

HI! PPP are very tiny bumps situated at the corona (the rim of the penile head). They show up in rows. There could be one , two, three.....rows of bumps that are usually light pink in color. They do not occur on any other places except for the corona.

The bumps on your shaft are either Fordyce spots or sebaceous prominence.
Neither of these bumps are STD's and are creations very similar to pimples. They are accumulation of the oily substance called sebum under the skin that cannot get out. They are not dangerous, or transmittable....they are actually considered normal.

STD's we can get from our parents would not manifest on your penis and would not look like little bumps. Congenital STD's are usually more dangerous to other organs....for example Chlamydia could cause pneumonia to a newborn and lead to blindness.

However, all pregnant women are being checked before giving birth and when they get pregnant, so congenital transmissions are not so often.

As far as I am concerned, you have nothing to worry about.

it could be herpese. you can catch that from any surface such as a toilet seat.