I have severe stomach pain/indigestion when I eat anything but cottage cheese. I have lost over 50 pounds. I am seeing a doctor but nothing seems to help. Does any one have a light to shine on this problem which has lasted four months?

Hi: Do you have nausea and or vommiting with this too? What does your doctor say and what tests has he done on you? ALSO a big question is this, do you have diareha? I hope that your doctor has already had a ultrasound done on you, and a stool test. When it comes to your digestive system, SO many things can cause weight loss and indigestion. BUT that said, for you to loose 50lbs in 4 months is a massive amount of weight to loose. Has your doctor sent you to a GI specialist? As far as I'm concerned, you need to have an Endiscope look in your stomach, and perhaps a colonoscopy. You need to have a barium test - drinking a chalky medicine, that shows how the liquid goes down your digestive tract.. - An Xray, an Ultrasound, and Endiscopy, a Barium Test, Blood Test, Stool Test, and an Alergy test is TOTALLY in order here. Could you let me know if any of these have been done for you please? And what credentials does this doctor have? Is he a GP, a Specialist etc. AND are you serious or just making a point about the cottage cheese!!! ;-) 8-| I can help you a bit more, with a little more info. Good luck and let me know OK?

You may have excessive stomach acid secretion resulting in ulcers. Cottage cheese is alkaline in pH, and will neutralize the excess acid, giving you relief. Eat foods that are alkaline in pH, such as milk, other cheeses, tofu, and avoid acidic foods such as fruit juices, soda. Calcium supplement in the form of calcium carbonate will also help to neutralize the acid.

It sounds to me like you've got a frustrating problem, and you're having a major issue that you cannot currently fix. I do recommend that you might want to seek a second opinion if you are having trouble getting a diagnosis, that's often a helpful way to get one since sometimes your doctor cannot find the source him/herself. Please keep us posted on what happens and if a second opinion ends up being helpful. Thanks!

Hi i have been suffering much the same but for 8 years. i have had all kinds of test you name it i have pretty much had it.
i suffer with chronic pain, sickness and diareha and pain after eating. The doc's don't really know why this happens just the fact that my stomach does not empty propley. I managed to get in to a specialist and now i have a gastric pacemaker to help to it all its stop must of the sickness but the diareha and pain are still on going.
I also found some foods can make things worse like dairy foods,fatty food , meat and more things but they make no sense why it makes my tummy hurt no one know why i have this chronic pain which admits me to hospital quite a lo t . you need to have the tests that bambi27 has suggested they are not very nice to have done but you need it. I hope this may help you know that there is people like you. good luck stay strong don't let the doc's bully you stick to you gun's you may need to push for these tests. o.O :-( :-(