I have a family history of myotonic muscular dystrophy and i have been having alot of problems lately. My hips and between my shoulders blades burn all the time and I am worried. My back pain makes it hard to take in a deep breath and when its real bad I get hot all over and sweat alot. Does this sound like myotonic muscular dystrophy?

Hi:
It could sound like MD. However, perhaps not. Your symptoms could be hormonal, depending on your age. Your stress over this is not good. Find a support person and get tested for MD. The worry may be worse than the results of the testing. I sympathize with your fear. It's common for us to live in a purgatory of what if. You don't have to, however. Face the facts, not the possibilities, so that you can plan for a life of quality. Best wishes to you....I'd like to know how things are going for you...Let me know.