I'm 23 years old, and I'm not sure if anything is connected or if it's all in my head, but for about the last 9 months to a year I've experienced increasing trouble swallowing. Occaisonally I will choke on my food, but it is occaisional. For the most part, as long as I have a fair amount to drink with my meal I can get my food down. Although, I am aware that it's still not a normal occurance to not be able to swallow like everyone else. I wrote it off at first as muscle problems due to having my tongue pierced but the more I see online, the more I worry. Sometimes, I feel like it's getting better but that doesn't last long.

On top of this, about 2 weeks ago I came down with a cold: sore throat, ear ache and runny nose. While my ears have gotten better, they feel clogged and I've gotten a horrible stinging pain under my ear and running down to my throat a couple of times. My sore throat doesn't seem to be going away. While it's bareable, it still feels raw. While I had my cold I discovered a lump behind my ear. My parents told me that it was just because I had an infection, but prior to that my boyfriend that it was a knot in my neck muscle so he tried to get it out. It became swollen and sore, and while the size has gone down it hasn't gone away but my earache has, I think. I'm starting to worry about this as well. I don't drink often, I've never done drugs or smoked. I have no tonsils and I'm generally very healthy. November 2007, I had a severe toothache that required a root canal after the infection spread to my throat and ears.

I also am feeling tired quite a bit and on edge. I've noticed I've become more irritable and lost my sex drive. My boyfriend seems to think that I have anxiety due to a number of different life stressers, and I'm making my own symptoms occur. I personally think a million different things are honestly wrong with me and I can't seem to stop worrying about everything. I haven't gone to a doctor yet because of my work schedule, though I plan on going on Monday, but before that could I get some opinions? Sorry this is so long, but there's so much going on in my head! Thanks to anyone that takes the time to read this!

sounds like you have a thyroid problem.... look it up you have all the symptoms ..see a doctor and all u need is a blood test to confirm it. I am positive that is what is wrong even ure sex drive will be affected by your thyroid gland.

Hope u get well better!

thanks!
i'm walking around thinking i have cancer!
i'm going to the doctor on monday...i hope your right and i'm wrong lol

i hope so too,goodluck tomorrow i hope it isnt anything serious!!!