My boyfriend has a rather large penis and i myself have a tight vagina, and when we have intercourse with a condom i don't notice a burning sensation after sex. But, whenever we don't use a condom, i get burning sensations and i become completely uncomfortable for at least 2 hours. 

I'm wondering if its possible that without the pre lubbed condom, its painful because there is no lub, or is there further reasoning?

Nope, there is no need for going any further than counting these uncomfortable sensations as a result of lack of lubrication. That's because when there is not enough lubrication, the friction that is created can cause - literally - small tears and irritation of your vaginal walls or on the vaginal opening. The danger in this is that there is always a bigger risk of picking up some infection, even a UTI or yeast infection, because of the irritated vaginal area.

Thank you, so i should look into buying lub for times when we're unprotected ?

You're welcome! Yep, forgot to mention that extra lube would be the best option to avoid burning. But unprotected sex still carries it's risks, I'm sure you know that.