I am 23 and have been sexually active since 1 yr(with my first and only partner). We had sex 2-3 times in the past six months because I get a burning sensation in my vagina as soon as he 'gets in'. I tried with my fingers later on and even my finegrs in my vagina burn and hurt. I had pleasurable sex b4 this syndrome started.

We have tried with and without condoms/KY jelly, but the burning is always there as soon as anything enters my vagina. Even during different times in my cycle...

Does anyone know what this is about? I want to have fun again!

Did you mange to cure this becuase me and my girl friend are having the same problem and she not to compfy with going to the doctors about it.

i would also like to know cos i have the same problem and want to be able to enjoy myself again!!!

I just went to the doctors, about burnig during sex and ahe said its caused by thrush... just go to the chemist and get some cream :-)

I had the same problem. I asked my Docter and she said it's because the skin in my vagina is too thin and causes irratation. She gave me cream to 'thicken' the skin and about a week or two later sex felt great! no more irratation! It's very common so don't be afraid to ask your doctor!

Well, after I found out that I had a bacterial vaginal infection/yeast infection I started experiencing the burning. I took medicine for the vaginal infection but the burning soon followed.

I couldn't enjoy the sex anymore and the burning was very uncomfortable. It would last up to est. 5 min. would only happen when I would have sex with my husband, which started after the bacterial infection. I was afraid that my vagina was damage because of the infection.

I told my doctor, but she said that it just because my vagina was still sore/sensitive because of the infection. The infection was long gone but still experiencing the burning months later.

So am guessing the infection caused my lining to weaken.

I am glade that I stumble across this page.

I am 23 I have been sexually active since I was 17. I have about 3 bladder infections a year and have had a cystoscopy revealing that i do not have IC. My doctor said that I may have urethral syndrome? I would have to go in and get my urethra expanded in order to stop this pain. My vagina burns for 10-20 minutes everyday. It is literally on fire inside. I don't know where it is coming from in there? I do have more discharge then your average women...I think? I don't really know how another women discharge looks..hahaha? It starts to burn when I have an empty bladder, then I drink water and it starts to feel better. I am so confused, someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Im 18 and i have only recently been getting the burning sensation, i haven't had it before this and i have been with my boyfriend 3 years, i have been getting a lot of cystitis(sp?) does anyone know if it is related??
I would love to find out because it is putting a strain on my relationship :-(

I am 22 years old and have been having the same problem after having sex with my fiance just the other day I started to burn but the burning lasted all day long and even burned when I urinated. We had sex again 2 days later and it hurt so bad that I nearly cried and felt dizzy, nauseas and my body was aching as if I had a flu. I don't know what is going on and I am scaring myself with what it might be. Please Help!!! This has never happened before. Also I have been in prenatals, we have been trying to get pg for the past 8 months.

I have the same problem, a month ago i experience cystitis, and now i find it really painful to have sex, the burning usually lasts the whole way through sex and for about 2 minutes afterwards, had this got anything to do with the fact i had cystitis? :-(

i am 17 years old, mt first boyfriend an i where together for a year.. we had sex an it was good, never burnd or anything,
i have a new boyfriend now, we have bin together for about 5 months now, sex was good at frist .... but then 4 months later sex started to burn really bad i could enjoy it at all i had to stop, i felt like i never wanted to have sex agian, i never used a condom with him the first time we had sex..... :s but it never burned for 4 months... only for months after it started to.....does anyone have any information about this... im kinda scared! ????????????????????????

hi..i have burning in my vagina.i have had a smear and no STDS found.Everyday i experience this pain.I have had a variety of antibiotics but i am still suffering.what could this be?? x

I know this is a long shot to get an answer, but the person who replied on 06/28/07 who said their doctor prescribed them a medicine to thicken the vaginal skin - what was the medicine if you can remember??? i've been having this burning problem for over two years and am desperate - i've seen a lot of doctors and none of them have suggested about the skin being too thin (they just say they can't figure it out) so i wanted to know all about this that I can. Thanks!!

Wow, I'm really glad I found this page to find out that I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! Lol

I'm 20 yrs old, and I just recently started having sex (for the first time) with my boyfriend. The first few times it was pretty good, with the exception of a little soreness from it being my first time and all. Well, as we've been doing it more (at least 4-6 times a week), things seem to keep getting worse. At first I was worried because since we started doing it, I was leaving a creamy white discharge behind, on us, and the bed :/ But at the time I wasn't having any irritation yet. Now, I'm having this burning sensation inside my vaginal canal and i don't know why. I'm trying to get over an upper-respitory infection as well, but I don't think thats related at all. ??? Well, since I've never really had a sexual experience yet without any pain, all the sessions are kind of running together, so I can't remember exactly when the burning started. (Besides the burning, it still hurts when he first enters, even though we've done it several times now) My boyfriend said it might be some kind of reaction to the new condom we tried recently. ?? But we took a break for a couple days and the burning went away, then we did it again and the burning felt even stronger! It was so strong it made me cry... using the same new condoms we bought. But now with the burning, I'm also having a creamy yellowish discharge... I dont know if maybe I have a yeast infection? Or if it's something else? I'm so confused and sad because it seems like anything we try ends up going wrong :'( Someone please help me...

EVERYONE,
ive seen this and have heard about it. Go to your gyno and ask about vulvadinia(not exactly sure how to spell it).
its something that isnt completly curable.. but the symptoms are massive burning while having sex, thick white discharge
and pain for hours after sex or "getting in". Its a vagina disorder.

Or have your partner get his sperm tested for acids. If he eats certain foods alot, it could be acidic and burn.