I just found out I was pregnant. I did a home pregnancy test. My period was late and my husband and I have been trying for a year. The reason I am writing is that I have been experiencing a very strange burning sensation in the lower abdomen for the last week or so. My first appointment is next week and I was wondering if I should be worried. Thank you

Hi! The only way to find out is to be examined by a doctor. It could be nothing but it could also be a sign of ectopic pregnancy. Until you undergo an ultrasound, you won’t be able to know for sure. In ectopic pregnancy, a low abdominal pain is followed by fever and possibly vomiting but vomiting could be caused by nausea as well, so I would advise you not to stress much before you see your gyn. You could call and see if you could be admitted earlier or whatever it works in your country. I hope everything works out just fine.