The day before Halloween of this year I went to a family medical center with my mother just to work out some insurance paperwork. When I entered the premises I immediately started feeling nauseous, bad headache, dizziness, and pain in my stomach. I am a person who has low blood sugar so at first I thought that I was just hungry because I hadn't eaten yet. When my mother took me to a restaurant nearby, no food would satisfy my pain and I ended up rushing to the bathroom. I threw up though nothing came out. I tried to smoke some medical marijuana to see if it'd help my stomach, but it actually made me even worse.

Only a few days later I went into the ER around midnight due to severe pain with hot flashes and cold flashes switching on and off. The doctor that treated me told me that all my tests were negative (not pregnant, no diseases as far as they know). He told me that all he could think of was that I had a stomach virus and that I would just have to take in lots of fluids and wait for it to go away. Since I don't have any insurance I was really worried about being able to pay for the bill and medication.

The next couple of days following my first ER visit, the medication treating my symptoms was working. Then all of a sudden the medication wasn't working anymore and I was still feeling very ill (same symptoms). I went into the ER again for the second time within the same week. The second doctor I saw did the same tests again and still found nothing. He sent me home with some stool sample tubes to fill and told me if they came out negative too then it has to be a virus. Strangely enough the doctor told me that I was one of several people who'd been coming in in the past few weeks with the same symptoms but they couldn't figure out what it was. He said it must be some new kind of virus. He said that on average it would take people up to 3-4 weeks to get over it and repeated that I needed to take in lots of fluids.

The strange part about this illness is that it only gets really bad in the evening around dinner time and that if I don't go to sleep by midnight then I'm in pain all night O_o...

I'm currently finishing up my 3rd week of this illness and the symptoms have slightly changed.

I'm still having the occasional hot flash and cold flash. I'm still having the occasional headaches and VERY low energy. The original symptoms have become less severe as they were before and they happen less than before but one of the new symptoms that I didn't have before till the start of the 3rd week was a strange burning sensation in my stomach, abdomen, and inside my throat which is VERY similar to acid reflex. I find that my nausea medication doesn't work now but the antacid medication DOES work. I have trouble releasing gas both fart and burp wise unless I take antacids and when I do release gas it hurts and makes me nauseous.

At this point I am successfully eating solids and a wide variety of foods but I can't eat LARGE PORTIONS of the meals, which sucks for a person with low blood sugar and a sensitive stomach to begin with. I have a hard time trying to swallow my food because of nausea and a hard time digesting and passing the food as well. I'm nauseous before, while, and after I eat. I only get hot flashes when I'm digesting my food.

My mother believes that I am getting better and that my current nausea is being caused by my stomach making TOO much acid, hence the acid reflex burning that I didn't have before.

I was actually getting better but in the beginning of the 3rd week I overindulged in food and had a relapse hence where I am now.

I believe that I AM getting better even now I'm just really confused about what's happening to me and wondering if there is anything else I can do, or if there's SOMEBODY out there who CAN tell me what's happening. Even at this exact moment I'm feeling the hot flash come on and the back my neck feels like its on fire. I only get dizzy when I'm having a hot flash.

Any ideas?

I am having the EXACT same symptoms and also have no insurance and went to the ER but they are trying to send me for gallbladder testing. I have had these symptoms for a while now not really sure of exactly how long. Im lost tired of feeling sick and not matter how much sleep i get, being exhausted and feeling flushed all day....if you find out please post

Gall bladder test is a good idea. Bland foods, lower fats will help if that's what it appears to be. You can have symptoms for a long time before it gets bad enough to seek treatment. Four in my family has had their's removed. Gall bladder attacks are very painful. I hope it's not that since you don't have insurance. I'm reading up on this now because my husband is having similar symptoms to my gall bladder problems. We also have no insurance. At least they don't have to do the big cut like they did when I had mine out! lol Much better now. Four little incisions. Good luck to you both. P.S. I'm leaning toward virus. I've heard some viruses can hang on for a long time.

How do you have a medical marijuana prescription but no insurance? Ha

Oh my god I have the exact same things! But for me it comes and goes & started in late Feb.

Very good Dr. Watson

i have had these symptoms since last year in october september ish im a 16 year old girl i went to the er for it finally in november 26 or so of last year n they tested me for an acute galbladder bt digonosed me with a ulcer on or behind/ close to my galbladder i am still having these symptoms besides the heat flashes and cold flashes im not sure if its whats happening to you but this is what happened to me and my diagnoses

I have the same symptom

next time you go in have them test for an ulcer when i went they perscibed me this acid meds for it but it was to much so i got the over the counter brand its like ompezeral or somen like that i stopped taking it because they put magnessium in it and it tasted like metal to me but get tested for that because they are painful im not sure if they are herditiery but its bad to not know if you have one so checkk is out and im sorry for the miss spellings

pray to god it sound like ur having a spirit attacks

I feel this way too! Headaches,dizziness,hot burning feelings,and I throw up at times. Also I hear voices Like MJ since he died. I even read he too felt this was in 2009. Odd? Since he died we fans feel his illness and he en said he wanted us to feel like him and be married. I just got over flu like symptoms too with chills and all and still can't sleep,feel gasy,have headaches and more.

Could be ceolic disease they don't do it will a full blood test u have to ask

All of a sudden during lunch time I couldn't hear very well, head dizzy, hot flashes, and stomach ache. i thought I was dying from pain. And it started today. I feel terribleeeee.........

I had these symptoms for months n then they got worse. Added to them we're sudden diarrhea couldn't breathe chest pain feeling faint. I went to emergency room 3 x thinking I was having a heart attack. I went for an endoscopy n was diagnosed with gerds/ acid reflux!!!!!!! You will literally think u r dying n almost wish u were ! Over the counter Ned's didn't help me but my g I dr put me on dexilant n now I rarely gave symptoms n when I do I can tolerate them!!!!!

POTs, caused by babesia