Hi, lately I've been having these sort of pinches on my chest near and on my heart area which concern me very much, I've been to the doctor and had a EKG which turned out to be all fine, he prescribed mexazolam (sedative) if this should happen again, for a couple of days i was fine but it came back and it scares me i begin having this wierds thoughts that i might die in the few next minutes.... if someone could relate or help me with this i would very much appreciate it

I've been experiencing the same thing over the last few days. I just recently started running to get back in shape, but it occurs when I'm at rest. Also, I'm fairly young and slightly overweight. I don't imagine that I should be experiencing this pain at this age, but it is very concerning. I've also noticed that I get a bit of pinching when I belch. The pain is very localized at the bottom right portion of my left chest muscle, but deeper. I hope that some one can reply with some insight.

Lol just saw this, umm i am 14. I have been having pinches in the same area, well i get them all over my chest actually. it seems like you feel like you will die but it helps to hold your breath because it hurts to breath, and kind of slowly let out the air...i have been told its just gas build up.
i have alot of gas build up in my chest and you can too. if the doctor doesnt see anything it may just be gas!
well i hope this helps you bothhh. tah tah!!

I've been having these same pains for a few days. I have been feeling stress lately, so I'm guessing it's related. Today it occurred to me that my son's lung collapsed a few years ago. They told him he has blebs on his lung, which are air bubbles that pop. Now I'm wondering if this is what I'm experiencing and maybe it's not heart related. A chest x-ray should be able to show these blebs.

i know im 16 im expirience the same thing as i read, i feel pinching by my heart. I want to nkow what this means. anybody help??

I am 30yrs old and I have experiencing the same heart pinches.  It really scares me and I too think at that moment "Am I about to die?" It does help to hold my breath for a second, I haven't seen a doctor yet, but I am really concerned about what is going on.. can anyone help

if it hurts to breathe and your relief is holding your breath, it might be precardial catch syndrome. It is completely harmless and should only give you a scare occasionally. For some people, if you prepare yourself and take a deep breath, you will feel something sort of "pop" near where you feel the pain, and although this will be more painful, the pain should then go away in a few seconds. note that precardial catch syndrome pain should only last a few minutes. If it lasts longer than 30 minutes or if you experience other syndromes, it would be best to talk to your doctor about it.

Im surprised to see a whole bunch of people with the same problem. I thought probably im the only one who gets this weird pain.. Last night i had this pinching pain and it was so bad, lasted few hours.. It would aggravate if i changed positions so i just lied down in one position.. I had difficulty in breathing as in had to take short breaths. I was so scared that im probably gonna get a heart attack and would die. I didnt tell my husband as he gets too worried but i thought i would if got any worse.. Ive been dealing with this pain for many years now, thankfully im still alive.

look into pulmonary hypertension?