My husband is 39 and he was recently diagnosed with calcinosis. I would appreciate some information about it. How does this occur and what is the best treatment for it? Thank you

Calcinosis is calcification that may occur in many different soft tissues, it is basically a deposit of calcium phosphate It occurs in a variety of local and systemic conditions. A variety of local and regional calcification sites have been associated with rheumatic complaints and occasional calcification has followed corticosteroid injections. I should mention that idiopathic calcific tendinitis and tenosynovitis produce calcific deposits and treatment of dystrophic calcification is varied. Numerous drugs, hormones have been used unsuccessfully in the treatment of calcinosis. Oral low-dose anti-coagulant therapy has been effective in preventing and reversing subcutaneous calcinosis, but not in majority of cases. Sometimes a surgical excision of large masses can helpful. You did not give me enough information about the case of your husband, so the smartest thing you can do is to talk to his doctor.

Want to know treatment of soft tissue bony calcifiation in the nect, most likely because of neck surgery