I have a hernia and I usually get my period in the first week of every month but this month I have not gotten it, Sept. Can it be from the hernia?

I'm not really sure if a hernia could cause that, but if you aren't pregnant then many things could cause you to miss your period or cause it to be late. Sometimes you might miss a month completely because your period might be changing its cycle. Mine does that sometimes like it might jump from the beging to the middle or end of the month. You might also have a cyst on your ovaries or some other problem with your cervix. If I were you I would make an appointment with my OB/GYN and get checked out.

I think I may have a hernia but I'm not real sure. Can a hernia cause you to miss a period for one month? I missed last month...March...and now I'm starting to have syptoms of a hernia. Can someone help?

Did you find out if your hernia is what caused you to miss your period? I have a ventral hernia, and I am about 3 weeks late for my period...I was just curious, off to the doctor tomorrow :( surgery scheduled for June :(

I have a really big hernia, hernias can develop from passed operation, being pregnant,something that runs through the family, ect. im waiting to have mine removed in about 8weeks & this is the first month my period hasnt been on time. dont know why, but ive been feeling really unwell & alot of discomfort from it.

To a comment above herinahs have a lot of different signs & theres more then one hernia name out there, its best to search it & see the signs of having one. mine was a lump above my belly buttom noticed it bout 7weeks after i gave birth to my daughter we thought it was a blood clot or something but went to doc's & told was a hernia, im thinking mine is a tuma one, as its really big i look 5 month pregnant. 

ecI have a really big hernia, hernias can develop from passed operation, being pregnant,something that runs through the family, ect. im waiting to have mine removed in about 8weeks & this is the first month my period hasnt been on time. dont know why, but ive been feeling really unwell & alot of discomfort from it.

I have had a hernia for about 6 months now and my belly button has been big for awhile and now my stomach also looks like I'm 4 months along and I haven't had my period since Nov

To be honest. My last period was August 2015. When September came around and I didn't get anything. That was considered weird for me. I never missed a period. Unless it was birth control. That's it. It's now January 2016 and still nothing. I would take about 3 tests a month and all negative.
What concerns me is that I'm on workout plan and today I leg lifts and my belly button bulged out. I freaked out completely. So, I'm going to schedule an appointment and see what's going on. Hope it's nothing too serious.

You all know what's interesting to me?, I just turned 42 in sept, i found out that i have a sm. umbilical hernia, and i too have stopped having my reg, menstrual cycle for the last 4-5 months, the last somewhat normal one i had was back in the end of May since then i get maybe an hour or to of show and that's all. Yet there is no information on the web that i can find that the hernia maybe the culprit for it! Wishing you all the luck!

I've done some research and some women in there 40's start experiencing what we call and scared or not ready for "Menopause" the first thing that is a sure sign is your menstrual cycle will start slowing down I just hit 51 and mine is starting to stop I pray :))) and I do have a hernia in the belly button don't know what I did could have been from lifting I do that a lot.......you ladies hang on and keep an eye out for MENOPAUSE!

Hiya i had my heria removed in october and since then i still havent had a period

I have the same exact thing happening now. Can you tell me what ended up happening?

I am 27 I already have 3 children I was sterilised 3 years ago. And I have missed 2 periods. My tummy looks like I'm pregnant my tummy is hard too. Iv done pregnancy test and all negative. My Gp said loose weight but that's all. Any help / advicewould be greatly appreciated

Hi everyone, I’ve just found out that I have an umbilical hernia and awaiting surgery. I have had irregular periods and now no period has arrived..did anyone find out if the hernia could be the cause of the irregular periods??

Me too Sister, I haven't had my period yet and its been over 2 months since having hernia repair surgery. What worries me is that I had a tubal for birth control over 6 years ago and once I had my tubal is when my period cycle came on time every single month like clock work. It really helped me and I couldn't believe a tubal would fix ackward period problem but now after having hernia surgery now my period is no where to be found. Don't ya find this odd too? Well ladies, that is my issue. Thanks for listening and if u have these problems then now u know ur not alone. Bless each one of us Ladies