I was diagnosed abdominal hernia 2 years ago, but have never treated it medically. I heard for strangulation that it complication of abdominal hernia, but I don’t know what it exactly means. I usually don’t experience harmful symptoms, only sometimes dull pain when lifting something heavy, but I usually avoid that situations. I also quitted smoking.
I’ve changed my nutritional habits, eat fibres and raw vegetables. I’m just interested to hear some other experiences and attitudes about hernia. Thanks.

I had abdominal hernia too. I decided to have repair of a hernia. It was really minor procedure. I’ve never had complications since then. I’ve heard about strangulation. It happens when hernia is not reducible; intestine is tightly trapped and can lose its blood supply. Strangulation causes extreme pain and may cause gangrene. Surgical is necessary in that case. I know that it’s not rare that hernia is untreated but you should understand that it may get worse.

Get it fixed at once. It WILL get worse. If you are unable to get in back inside, you may DIE! In MOST cases, you go home the same day. You can't drive for at least a week. Don't lift ANYTHING heavy for at least a month, and be very careful for 4 months. If you wait, the opening WILL get larger and larger, and what could be a simple medical procedure may become serious. Don't wait.

I have one now and it is not great for me. I am pregnant and the doctor said its going to get worse. I will have to have surgery when i deliver my baby, so be careful and get it took care of. i have pains with mine to. :'(