My good friend is in such bad pain lately. He told me today that he can't stand his chronic pain issues anymore and that he is ready to try anything to get rid of it. 

He loves his healthy lifestyle, he was always eating healthy, but now he seems so powerless and I never saw him in this condition before.

I was reading a lot about cannabis oil, medical of course and I have heard that it can help in so many health issues. But I don't know is it helpful in his condition.

Can you use medical cannabis to treat chronic pain issues?

I think so, yeah, he might want to go and talk to his doctor because he can't get medical marijuana without the doctor's prescription anyway, so if his doctor determines that medical cannabis would be good for him, then he will give him a prescription and he can start using cannabis. I know a couple of people who say that medical marijuana really helped them with all the different kind of pains that they were experiencing so I think that your friend might benefit from it as well, but he should talk to his doctor before he starts to use it anyway.

I am not sure, I know that smoking weed can definitely help you with pain but I am not sure about chronic pain issues. Maybe if you could be more precise when talking about this chronic pain, what kind of pain does he have, where does it hurt him, those kind of things might help people determine whether can it be treated by medical cannabis or not. 

I think that it will probably be able to help him treat his pain but Chameleon Color has a point there, it would be best if he would talk to his doctor about it.

Arguably, chronic pain disorder is not a real medical condition. It is obvious that you are talking about yourself and your not friend. Do you want someone to find out and give you attention. Life is harsh and painful. Have you tried not moaning so much? Alternatively you may find that wasting a doctor's time validates your whining in some strange manner. Also, talking your "conditions" through with family and friends may win some sympathy. Unfortunately, at some point that sympathy will run out and you will have to take your pain like the rest of us, who find feel the need to create special medical conditions. Also try tai chi and erbal teas.

It's a slippery slope from cannabis to crack cocaine and, ultimately, crystal meth.

That is not true. Only mentally weak people can follow that path down to crack, cocaine, and crystal meth. I actually know a lot of people who are using weed, most of my friends are smoking weed and none of them have ever tried anything stronger than weed so your statement is not really true.

I don't know if the person who said that you are the person who is in chronic pain is right or not but even if he is right, I think that you should still go and talk to your doctor, or maybe if he is right, you will want to talk to a psychologist.

I think that I can say that I totally agree with Chameleon color about everything that he/she said, your friend should go and talk to his doctor and if his doctor thinks that medical cannabis is what he needs for his chronic pain, then he will simply prescribe it to him and he can start using it. I think that medical cannabis can help with this but I also think that there are some medications out there which are better when it comes to treating chronic pains so your friend is more likely to be using one of these than medical cannabis.

I have done a lot of the research since I posted this topic and I really don't know what to think about this medical cannabis anymore. Everything is OK, I support the idea that someone is using it to feel much better, but I am scared of the potential side - effects.

I know that it can happen. That is what I also think Guest, that smoking weed can help in dealing certain pains, but I am not sure that this is going to have the same effect for chronic pain issues.

I don't know, I really would like to help :/

The only way that you can help, Stressed or Depressed is to give some advice. There is no other way. So, don't fell bad about it. If he decides to take it, he is going to take it. I support the idea of using medical cannabis, but I am not so sure about this issue. Medical marijuana seems safe for chronical pain, that is for sure. Also, when it comes to side - effects, it is safe since a research told us that people didn't have any type of side - effects. Marijuana can definitely help to relieve chronic pain, but I am not sure is this a good solution in the future. Good luck.

If you are reading this, you probably would understand what I mean. I used to be an A student with
much passion for life. However, on 21st Dec, 2016. I visited friends who ended up putting marijuana
(weed) in the cooked food. That night was hell for me. Iv never felt so in another realm. I saw my self
in 3 with one in the middle, front and back. I shouldnt have eaten the food if I knew marijuana was in
it. Since then till today, iv been feeling im not myself. I feel like i am in another body. Since that day,
when I try to read any book which is my hobby, I cant understand anything, I cant form new memories.
I feel like a shadow. Its been over 2 months and im as scared as sh*t that I wont actualize my dreams.
I regret ever giving the devil a chance to alter my brain ajd cognitive functions. Please help me. Will I be
able to stop been regretful of that day, end depression and most importantly hope my brain is not fried
completely? Will I be able to read and understand again as before. I have big dreams. I play the piano,
sprint and do all sorts. Thanks for your responses.