Hi, there. My father was yesterday at the doctor's office and he showed to the doctor his blood results. He had elevated reatinine level. He was pointed out to a nephrologist. I wonder whether this means renal failure. I am not a medical expert, so I am not acquainted with this. Thanks.

Hi, there. Normal values of blood creatinine is 0.6 to 1.2 mg/dl. It is an excellent parameter for kidney functioning. When kidneys start to fail, their ability to eliminate creatinine decreases. Then, there is elevated creatinine level in blood. This can also appear with muscular young men who exercise regularly. Nephrologist (kidney doctor) will examine your father best and see whether he has a renal failure or not. I hope everything will be all right. If you have more questions, feel free to ask me. I will help you if I can. Bye!