Ive been told that I might have to undergo hysterectomy. It was, naturally, a shock for me. Im pretty depressed now because it seems as my whole life is going to stop. A therapist Im seeing says that I should think about starting with a certain activity after the surgery in order to keep my spirit. He suggested a sport which can be practiced in natural environment. What do you think about running after hysterectomy?

First I want to tell you that you dont have to worry and dont let these dark thoughts occupy your mind. It is unpleasant situation, I admit, but my wife had a hysterectomy surgery a couple years ago and it went ok. Shes feeling great now. I know that she had to wait three weeks before going for a walk. As for the running, Im not sure but I think that its no less than 2 months. Your post-op period will have to be carefully observed by your doctor and if everything is well and without any complications hell tell you when you can start with mild training. Anyway, since running can be exhausting, maybe you should wait for more than 2 months. Best of luck!

Your recovery would have to last 6 to 8 weeks. If you haven't exercised before, it is essential that you let your body recuperate before doing any activities.

You better talk to your doctor about when you would be able to start with some mild exercises just to get your spirits high and get rid of the muscle tension.

I wish you good luck with your surgery. Hysterectomy is hard on a woman.
See if you can take some hormonal therapy after the surgery so you don't experience a sudden loss of estrogen, which can be pretty nasty.

Read the following article to learn more about hysterectomy:

https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Hysterectomy_side_effects_a587_f99.html