i have been smoking weed for two years.since i was 18 now at twenty i am scared of the effects it could have on me having children or if it will decrease my chances of get pregnant.i have a friend who has smoked for many years more then me and has two kids but is it diffrent for everyone.not that i am trying to get pregnant but me and my husband have sex alot more unprotected then protected.i feel like i should have gotten pregnant by now or am i unable.

Hi... i am not sure about the womens ability to concieve on ganja lol :-) but i do know that sometimes it can cause some men to have a decrease in sperm, others not . other than that i am not sure. i can however give you the name of a maryjane friendly site that will give you none govenrment oriented research. the reason i am not giving you the name of a government site obviously is because of the "pots bad, its illegal, its dangerous, reefer madness" they are always going to say bad things. good luck TTC in the futere, hopt this helps

The site is www.norml.com. Here is a link an article i think might help: http://www.norml.com/index.cfm?Group_ID=6965

Cannabis has been shown to reduce a man's sperm count, but don't take that as the definitive reason you cannot get pregnant. There are too many variables involved and too many people who smoke pot regularly for years have had healthy, vibrant children. My son is of genius IQ and I was baked for years before he was born.

There is also evidence that weed affects the DNA in the reproductive system, so I personally would not recommend 'toking while poking' for kids... lol

I highly endorse NORML, despite the fact that I have recently stopped smoking myself. They are an excellent source of information regarding every aspect of marijuana you could possibly be interested in. I have been personal friends with several of the directors there for some years now and know them as good people.

I believe Alan St. Pierre is the current president. Keith Stroup was director for many years and he is one of the most intelligent tokers I've ever met. Not to mention he has a law degree and has been a practicing attorney for decades.

Good luck and God Bless...

-PHDinTHC-

Not only does it affect a man's sperm count, it's also been medically proven to reduce your chances as a woman of getting pregnant. This DOES NOT MEAN YOU CANNOT get pregnant, so don't try it as contraceptive, but it DOES decrease your chances.

Without the aspect of the weed in question - Only 50% of egg fertilisation goes on to produce a baby simply because there are so many things that can go wrong that do wrong so the body picks it up and rejects the fertilised egg. Only 0.16% of eggs that contain mutations go on to produce a offspring - this protects us from the burden of caring for a child who starts life at a disadvantage
So already there is a huge obstacle in having a baby before adding on other factors like smoking weed
Smoking weed has alot of effects on the body so it may be better to abstain whilst trying to get pregnant as conception itself relies on a whole sequence of events that work in harmony with one another - a break in the chain just wont allow the egg to develop
I am not anti-pot but my life experience has shown me we should try to get on with life without it as much as we can - our bodies are designed to function with stress as the key driver to obtain future goals

I have been taking some very unhealthy approaches to lose weight.... alotttt of pills i.e weight loss pills and laxatives... I was told that this can mess up my body system and I might face problem when trying to conceive.... Please if anyone has information???