I've starting masturbating when I was 12 and found a way that I found very arousing. This is a weird way, but I just simply lie down on a soft surface (ie bed) and rub my penis on that surface while moving my pelvis back and forth until I get orgasm. Perhaps this imitates the missionary position. I can get an orgasm within 5 mins if I don't try to hold it in.

I'm 17 now, and I want to masturbate the "normal" way. I think its to stroke my hands up and down my penis. I tried that in the shower and it doesn't work. I'm not circumcised, but I can pull back the foreskin fully. I've been trying that for many times, and I just can't get an orgasm. I've tried to just masturbate my previous ways and holding it in and repeat for four times, then immediately head to the shower to masturbate the normal way, and it just doesn't work. I've tried sitting down and standing up. I don't know if its a psychological problem that I don't find touching myself that arousing.

I've been with my GF for 6 months now, and I think we're both ready to lose our virginity. I'm worried that the only way that I can ejaculate is by masturbating my previous ways since I was 12.

Is there a problem with me? Or should I just keep trying?

Are you getting an erection at all? It could just be boredom why you're not orgasming, your body or mind telling you it needs more.
I'm 30 and in a relationship. I have been for many years, and when I want to masturbate when the girlfriend goes away for a week or two, I find it very difficult. Its not an erection problem I have , as I get one everytime with my girlfriend,and I wake up every morning with one, its just boredom of me going solo. I was the same when I was younger. I was always masturbating and orgasming, but I can't do it now without struggling.

It is not an erection problem. I can get it no problem. I get an erection in the morning from time to time as well.

I have the same exact problem and I'm worried about that same issue with losing my virginity to my girlfriend.

how you masturbate is unique to you. unless you're doing anything involving a wood chipper or a blender i don't really think you're "doing it wrong". and i really doubt you'll have a problem ejaculating with a girl ;-) especially your first time.

You just found a way that worled for you from a young age and now it is a habit. Similar to doing one thing a certain way for five years and now you're trying to unlearn it and try a totally different way ti doesn't happen overnight. I would not owrry about not being able to orgasm when you are with your girlfriend as it feels about 1 billion times better than masterbation. Just be safe when you do it!!!!!!!!!

I have the same problem. Is there a way to 'unlearn' and masturbate a normal way?

I've brought myself up using this method to, but i've gotten used to masturbating normaly, i just find it boring to do unless it's my partner doing it. I wouldn't worry, it's just one of those 'personal' traits. Plus, yes it does feel a BILLION times better when a girl does it. And it does feel awkward because it's not you doing it, but when you get there, it's well worth it. ;-)

i can only ejaculate through the same masturbation technique (comdom on, using a cusion/pillow)

i started using that technique only after i found i couldnt ejaculate through 'normal' means so i wasnt accustomed to it before trying traditional means

im 16 and so is my girlfreind, we have an active sex life and during intercourse i have no problems coming, im just wondering why can i not whilst masturbating the traditional way??

i know it feels embarrising knowing all your freinds do it 'normally' and im in that same situation, and also ive tried many times doing it the 'normal' way although i cannot ejaculate when my girlfreind performs oral acts either, i can only come through intercourse or 'my way'

ive thought about asking my GP altough im being held back from making an appointment because of embarresment and the fact that my current girlfreind is the only person i have ever told

is there anyone who has/had the same problem but can do it 'normaly' aswell or can

I can't get off in the shower at all, try it somewhere else

I haven't really shot my load while standing up. Or if i do, i don't feel that much sensation
I stay in a chair or somewhere and lean back and do it, when i was younger i use to rub my dk up and down
but now i do it a different way, and that gives more sensation too...

I do that too occasionally, i have something looking at or thinking of a girl and virtually f*****g my bed to a climax, (that way feels good but is hard to be discreet when doing it, along with other factors) ..lol

If you can cum in that missionary position, all you do is when your ready to cum, you pull out of your girl and do your thing, that should work

Everybody's body is different, therefore what feels good to one person might not feel as good to someone else. Having a preference on how you masturbate is no more strange then having a favorite color. It usually makes no impact on your ability to perform with a partner as masturbation and the act of sex feel entirely different. I wouldn't worry about it. If something works for you go for it, although there's no harm in trying something different you never know how it will turn out if you don't try.

I had the same problem a few years ago. Now I'm 22 and have no problems, can do it either way, and had no problems with my girlfriend either. Just start masturbating to porn the "normal" way, and maybe use a condom to keep it up if that helps.. you will eventually get used to it. Take a break from your rubbing method, and be more open with your girl

Ive been having that same problem eversince i started jacking off, and it's really pissing me off. If I wait a few days and basurbate lying down like you said, I can cum Within like 45 seconds and shoot it like a foot. I've tried so hard to do it With just my hand, but all I do is get a boner and it doesn't feel nearly as good as lying down. I guess people just do it differently.

same with me but now i can do it both ways the way u do it is shorty so ur not use to doing it longer when u do it the other way it takes longer so try but go as long as u can