Hello, guys. My wife and I have a toddler and we are thinking of improving his diet. We were thinking of introducing him sardines, but we are not sure if they are allowed that to eat. What do you think about this? I would really appreciate if you could share your opinion with us. Thanks.

Hi, there. I think that it is little too early to give sardines to your kid. I know that FDA prohibited some sorts of fish for kids. Those would be: tilefish, king mackerel, swordfish and shark. You should be careful. I recommend you to consult a nutritionist. He must know this. Ask him for an advice. I hope everything will be fine. Bye!

Hello. I would agree with the previous post. Maybe it is too early to start with giving sardines to your kid. He is still little. Maybe you should ask an expert about tuna. It seems lighter for stomach. Maybe it can be given to toddlers. Since I am not an expert, I recommend you to consult one. Good luck!

Actually Tuna would be a bad idea, it's on the High Mercury poison risk. Sardines are considered Low Risk for Mercury, however I don't know if they are acceptable for tots to eat. I've never had Sardines, do they have bones that could get stuck in kiddo's throats?