Hello everybody,

I am 13 years old and I am 5'4 and I play basketball at my school. Despite my height, I can block shots from people who are 5'8 or more (generally when I play in my matches against other schools and when I play 1 om 1 with my teammates). However I feel unsatified and I want to jump higher to block more shots. I was researching in the internet on tips to reinforce strength in the leg muscles to improve jump height and I found exercises like lungers and squats that use 5kg (10 pound dumbells) that can really improve my leg strength. If I do these lunges/squats using 5kg dumbells, can this affect my growth? Can it stunt my growth? Can it affect me in another way? WILL ANY FREE WEIGHT EXERCISES AFFECT/STUNT MY GROWTH?

no my friend doing weights will not stunt your growth i was worried when i was 12 and i saw in years it will only make you more muscular and will not stunt your growth so keep doing what you love and lift weights and tell me in a few years if it affects you

Guest wrote:

other people say that it does

yes it does stunt growth dont listen to people who says it doesnt stunt growth

like the kid above dont do squats or lunges jump and do leg ups or ankle raises