I am 17 years old and am training weight lifting. Both my parent s are quite tall (father is above 185 and mother above 165 cm), and I am 170. I noticed I am not growing for the past month. I would like to know if there is any connection between weight lifting and stunting growth.

This is a very smart question. And yes, there is correlation between heavy weight lifting and stunting growth, and the researches has proven it. They say that lifting heavy weights could speeds up the closing of growth plates before they had a chance to fully develop. There for, lifting heavy weights could result in stunting growth. I would like to tell you that in order to have developed muscles, you do not have to lift heavy weights. They really do not have to be heavy...important is the frequency of lifting and the way you do your exercises and doing proper techniques.

It has been shown in more recent studies that the rate at which the growth plates close that weightlifting has very little effect, if any, on your ability to continue to grow