it really helps with the depression of getting off drugs..when you do feel physical withdrawals, I'd take vitamne b6 or b12 and multivitamins. i was on Wellbutrin but I lost my insurance so I took st johns wort.

I was taking about 200-240mg day of hydrocodone for over three years. I started suboxone 8mg 1 a day. I did that for couple weeks then went to 4mg. I take Wellbutrin 300 mg and am on week 3 of it. Its helping me. When you abuse narcotics it.can cause you to become dopamine.diffecient. Wellbutrin acts on your dopamine. Honestly my cravings are gone I even forget at times to take my suboxone. I started working out and eating good, taking multi vitamins and the Wellbutrin. I also take Valium 10mg occasionally for the anxiety and trouble sleeping. I still have a way to go but my hydrocodone cravings and thoughts are gone, my energy is coming back and I think the Wellbutrin helps a lot. Dopamine relates with addiction a lot so it makes sense to take Wellbutrin to help you when you come clean. Its hard but I'm 3 weeks no hydros and I'm probably gonna start 2 mg of suboxone next week. I think going from quitting 240 mg hydros then 8mg suboxone to 4 mg in three weeks is good. Tyrosine and l dopa are good for natural dopamine but not as good as Wellbutrin.

how do you go about getting off opiates? I have been on hydrocodone for 2 years and 7 months... i do not want to be on pills anymore but i do not want to feel the pain from detox..... PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hi bad habit, please help!! I'm looking for a timeline on how you were able to get yourself off the oxys with wellbutrin.what you did, how you did it, what you took, and most of alllllll please give me somewhat of your daily feeling and what you took.

It helps quite a but actually for the physical symptoms... It regulates dopamine, so there isn't such a drop therefore milder much milder withdrawal symptoms. There is a discussion on that already in this forum somewhere it would be extremely useful for anyone planning to detox. If you can't find the topic in here google 'Wellbutrin opiate withdrawal'. Good luck!

Are you seriously sh**ting me? 1000mgs a day of opana - right? and another 500 mgs of roxicodone ( instant release oxycodone ) and you took fing WELLBUTRIN and had no withdrawals. My God! Unbelievable.

Yes!!!! It worked..mild side affects..perc,lortab, then oxy,, then soboxone for 6 years, sick of all of the sh*t I got it in my head I would get off alllllll of it, after alot of research I found that if I got on subutex..got myself lowered on my own, then started wellbutrin sr 150a day for 6 days, then 2a day for 5 days at that point I forgot to take my subutex and I did take it just really late. The next day samething, at that point I felt ok so I didn't take any subs only my wellbutrin!! I felt ok only issue was sleeping and mild leg thing!! That was almost 60 days ago, I'm feeling great...i have my life back. Only wish I had done it earlier.

there is no doubt about this wellbutrin you can buy it online or have your regular doctor prescribe it to you. it works, no withdrawal symptoms no BS and I came off a frikkin methadone habits 100mg day 10 years

I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!!!!! I have been suffering from addiction for quite some time. I have been attending my meetings (AA and NA) for a year and a bit and have been lying the whole time. I am highly addicted to Oxycontin and now OxyNEO's. My bank account is drained, my life is a mess. I was sitting here one day praying and the thought of Wellbutrin came into my head, I am not sure why. I had been thinking of quitting smoking as well so I had a prescription for Champix. I called my Dr right away and asked her to switch the prescription to Wellbutrin or the generic being Bupropion. So I am starting these on Friday. I have done so much research I am so excited. Not only does it help with depression and anxiety (which I have) but I read it helps with cocaine dependency as well. I have struggled with that as well. I hear you don't gain weight or lose your sex drive either. I AM PUMPED. I am exicted to get my life back in order and cease living a f*****g lie. So I will come back and let everyone know how it goes. I use about 240mg of the 80's a day and that is just to keep from getting sick. I work two jobs so I can't be sick at work. I did NOT want to resort to methadone or suboxzone as they are drugs too. The committment to those programs is crazy too, its just not something I think I can do with the way I live. So after that day, I think God answered my prayers. I think this is the answer. I think I am going to do ok...I am so glad I searched opiate withdrawl and wellbutrin today, seeing this post has taken such a weight off my shoulders. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ps I heard you get a really crazy high the first day you are on Bupropion???? TRUE OR FALSE??

Yes, somewhat!! Not the way you may be thinking. You may get extra energy, and when relaxing you get the leg thing, lol..not to bad. For me the worst was not being able to sleep til day 18.. Worth it!!!!!!! Good Luck

Oh my gosh...these posts are going to help me have my life back! I feel the same as you lucygirl! I am starting on wellbutrin today! Going to the pharmacy to pick it up now! I am encouraged and inspired. Thank you all for sharing!

12 step program

It's that kind of attitude that keeps people on opiates.- An ex heroin user

Please don't try to spook anyone out of possible relief if you yourself have not experienced whether or not Wellbutrin actually helps with withdrawal.  So far it has definitely been helping with post opiate depression and anxiety, of course its not helping the physical side of it but its more the mental side of the opiates that cause me to relapse.  All I'm saying is its worth a try, what works for some may not work for everyone but I can tell you I'm feeling positive results here myself and have also noted a lot of other posts state positive results as well.

Agree with above guest(last poster). Wellbutrin could help for some(each individual is different) in the way they respond to certain medications on a psychological and physiological levels. Wellbutrin is also helpful for getting off psychostimulants like ritalin and adderall. Dopamine as complex as the brain is, the one thing researchers are finding out more and more about is that it plays an active role with those with tendencies towards addiction, whether it be serotonergic type drugs(painkillers) or dopaminergic(stimulants). It's why a combination of Naltrexone with Wellbutrin once someone has gone through opiate withdrawals could prevent not just cravings for painkillers but also stimulants as well as even cravings for sweets(chocolate for example) as Naltrexone plays a role as a dopaminergic antagonist which is hypothesized that this in return impacts the way we feel rewards when we eat certain foods we crave.