I did start taking wellbutrin and I noticed that you do not need as much oxycodone. I have a lot of back issues and do not think I need to get into that..But the meds just do not work anymore or like they did before.. Now doctors are hard to find and uncle Sam is changing every thing about how they can prescribe....So I am going to suffer till I die.I would rather suffer from pain than be sick all the time too.They only give you a med so you keep going back and its never as much as you need..I am on less than a third from when I got hurt...Now they are talking about cutting me more. I am done wellbutrin does help but I also am tapering down my self....You know what they call a doctor with D and Cs. A Doctor, lol. You have to want to quit, also I am not a depressed person. This is the silver bullet they do not want out there it would cost them billions.....God Bless and good luck...........

So you find it useful negating people experiences? You must be a joy to be around.

I am starting this today. Pain pills have ruined my life. I'm at 10 10/325 hydros a day sometimes 12. I will catalog my days here. Taking bupropion 100 twice a day . it's been 24 hours since last dose of hydro. Feeling anxious, feel like I would do anything for just one more pill. Watering eyes, yawning constantly, sweats, restlessness, fear. Please pray for me guys. SE.

I'm starting today! Been on opiates for 5 years. About 12 10/325 hydros a day. This is day one clean. Taking 150 mg bupropion. I feel just wore out and a little foggy like  I don't really want to do anything but nothing else for withdraw symptoms..,. Day 1

Prayers! I'm with ya. I hope it worked. Im on day 2

I have found that it totally helps& binds to dopamine receptors so helps with the mental stuff BIG time

I wish I had never started taking the subs/ bup!, having been in a bad accident I was put on percs, lortabs,then Oxys,,,I went thru 15 years of pure hell not being able to rid myself of all the pills then I started doing research trying to find a way to get my life back and I found many different combinations but it took pure wanting off to get it done!wellbutrin 150x2 daily worked for me,it did take 19 days till I started to be able to sleep then it was day by day and it was the best discussion and it saved my life! If I can help let me know! Remember you can do this!

Good morning my friends! I am on day 9. It is the first day I feel normal at all. All acute symptoms seem to have dissipated and the mental stuff has not been that bad today. I did stop the wellbutrin two days ago as to not form another dependency. After a lot of research, and I mean a lot! ( not much else to do as your detoxing) I found a natural supplement that I feel worked even better than the wellbutrin. I'm taking 300 mg of a product called 5-HTP . You can find it on line and I think in Walmart. I take it the minute I wake up and then force down some toast. I also added Korean Red Gensing Root and it is actual kind of for Ed but as a vitamin I take at the same time as the 5HTP seems to give me energy. Along with that I am doing a Advocate 24 day challenge to detox my body and those SPARK drinks also give me a lot of energy. I'm on day 3 at the Y and I really feel like I'm over this never to go back to that lifestyle. Please respond if I can help YOU in any way. This is hardest thing I've ever done and I hope I can help you through it. It's worth it and YOU CAN DO THIS! My heart is with any of you and I Want to help!

I'm a heavy user!!! I sure hope Wellbutrin helps!!!

I just wanted to throw out there that while I did not use Wellbutrin to get off smack, I did use other ADD meds (Strattera, Adderall and clonidine). I too had literally no withdrawals. I started the Strattera about a month before going cold turkey, and in the 2 days before going cold turkey I ate as much protein, healthy fats, water, minerals and vitamins that I could. I didn't experience a damn thing AND the even better part is I've been off smack for 3 months and the PAWS is non-existent, and that is the thing that really makes people relapse. Other times I had tried to quit, the PAWS was so severe.. horrible depression and absolutely zero energy as well as total brain fog that just made it unbearable. I have to say these meds gave me life after opiates and that is a blessing. Wellbutrin works on the same neurotransmitters as these two meds, so I am not surprised that so many people have had luck with it. Wellbutrin is an anti-craving drug, The ADD meds too (Strattera gives me insane impulse control, physical energy and mental clarity while the Adderall is a powerful anti-depressant and its activity on dopamine (which Wellbutrin has as well) also stops the constant cravings to stimulate your brains reward center. So glad many people have discovered that these meds help tremendously with sobriety. Some people in recovery think it is cheating.. but is it? Are you stealing from your family, lying, hurting everyone around you? No, quite the opposite. It turns you into a much more productive and positive person than you EVER were on opiates.

Hi. I also had an opiate addiction for 8 years and now im on welbutrin.i havent had any withdrawal at all. Im on day 15 clean. I swear by it .

i thought i was taking a lot at 10 30mg oxys a day

Thanks all for your sharing. I want to stop the suboxone so bad. Been on for 6 years. Before that had back pain and surgery and oxy addiction for 6 years whIke in pa in management used tramadol, hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine and every now and then used up my meds and abused my husbands oxys and mother'said fentanyl. Off and on during the suboxone I have still abused any opiate I could get from family from fentanyl to oxys only to return to the sub the next 8 hours or long enough for clean urine screen. I have add and tried Concerta and was miserable. Have tried many antidepressants over the years from effexor, brintellix, lexapro, straterra, elavil. Busoar for anxiety. Didn't give the wellbutton or Prozac a good enough chance even tho doc was recommending and prescribing at each visit. Prozac makes me feel awful so still won't hang through to see if works. Did give the wellbutrin a good chance recently and now at 450 a day feel wonderful like have my life back. I now want to use the wellbutrin and gabapentin now prescribed to get off the subs forever. I kinda feel like I can do it. Incidentally, I'm a librarian teacher and have been for 23 years, also grandma of 59 of 4 beautiful grands. much to live and love although severe grief over losing both parents within a year. Oh the pain

I too now have the courage thanks to your sharing.

WHAT WAS THE AMOUNT OF TIME IT TOOK TO COME COMPLETY OFF THE OPIATES? AND HOW DID YOU TAKE THE TWO TOGETHER?