I have been on vicodin for about 6 months now....due to bad back pain....i already had a addictive personaltiy....so naturally I would take more and more because it helped with pain and I felt a sense of euphoria....well I always ran out before my refill.......so I would go to a different Dr to get another prescription....well nobody will prescribe it to me now.....which is a good thing...i do wanna quit.....but I get the worst tremors.....and it so embarrassing in public....please help.....will wellbuterin , zanax, clonipan help???

OH. MY. GOD.

BUPROPION SR 150mg, WELLBUTRIN), IS TAKING COMPLETE CARE OF THE WORST PART OF WD'S , THE PSYCHOLOGICAL PART (CRAVINGS, DEPRESSION). I AM 48 HRS INTO WD'S, AFTER A MAJOR MAJOR OPIATE RUN. JUST STARTED TAKING WELLBUTRIN ON THE FIRST HOUR. (YESTERDAY). IT HELPED IMMEDIATELY. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS.

ALL OF THE POSTS ARE CORRECT ABOUT THIS BEING YOUR BEST OPTION, I AM CONVINCED. IT IS STILL NO WALK IN THE PARK, OFCOURSE, BUT THIS IS THE BEST WEAPON I HAVE EVER FOUND AGAINST THAT "UNBEARABLE EDGE" THAT MAKES QUITTING SEEM IMPOSSIBLE.

LIKE THEY TAUGHT US IN SCHOOL.. "EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE"!! AND IT D*MN SURE HELPS TO HAVE A LITTLE "HELP"!!

GOD-BLESS ALL OF YOU

Yes it does work and people who say it does not have not tried it. Its only effective for a couple weeks but if your serious about getting off the pills it will work.

i think you are full of it! i was down to 2 and ahalf mg a day and i still had withdrawal symptoms for about 4 weeks. and yes i to was and still take wellbutrin and i was taking valium for the restlessness, so you must be one in a million!!!

I started taking it for 2 days now and it has helped considerably with the withdrawals. I started cold turkey 3 days ago and the first was hell. Took Welbutrin which I have been prescribed, I would say it has helped 75 to 80% of the withdrawal symptoms I was having. Sorry if it didn't help for you

Wellbutrin doesnt work FACT...Also has terrible withdrawals, 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

Same as Jenifer, I would love to know the same details of Bad Habbit's experience.

I have rarely gone to any doctor for anything. Everything up until now has been self-prescribed. But I am trying to fix myself now, once and for all and have recently visited a doctor.

I was prescribed Wellbutrin Bupropion SR 150 MG (generic Wellbutrin), once a day and "once I feel adjusted" I am to start taking twice a day. It's for the long term depression and anxiety I've been going through, long before and after years of opiate addiction. Like many, depression and anxiety and so forth, is what got me into opiates to begin with. The doctor is dealing dealing with my depression and anxiety, not addiction.

After researching the possibilities of Wellbutrin helping with WD's, I had planned on starting my 150MG dose at the same time that I planned to cut my opiate dose in half. then after 5-7 days I planned to drop the opiate's altogether while I started my full Wellbutrin 150MG twice a day.

Well, I started my Wellbutrin and didn't cut down on the opiate the first couple days... and by the 3rd day I felt REALLY good and I am quite sure it had to do with the mix of the two... now here I am on day 9 and still haven't really tapered down. I am still only taking one dose of Wellbutrin and that "buzz" has mostly faded away. I am hanging on to the hope that when I detox, I will go up to my two doses per day of Wellbutrin and it will still help with WDs.

The whole thing has me wondering if it's actually that initial boost from the Wellbutrin that is helping with the WDs? Or will the Wellbutrin still help me if I'm on it for say, 2 weeks or more before WD. Maybe, I should skip a few days of Wellbutrin before detox?

--If interested, here's a little background info, and why detox is serious business for me--

Here's the thing, my experience with opiates have gone back further than I even want to think about, but a few years ago things changed. Ive been maintaining my addiction with Methadone for 3 or more years. Had I known then what I know now, I never, EVER, would have started methadone. I've been taking it every day for, at least 2 1/2 years, maybe 3. All self prescribed. I REALLY want off. Ive attempted tapering, and failed. I've attempted cold turkey and nearly killed myself. I AM now on a far less dose than the past couple years, only 25 MG now, this was only achieved after the aforementioned detox, which only lasted about 1 1/2 months.

I also have some xanax and Tramidol, prescribed, that I think will help and am very much wanting to get through this once and for all.

I have a question for all. So I read every thing on the web. Some say great things about Wellbutrin and others say bs. I was taken roxi and oxy for a while. Not too bad. Just 2 pills a day and tapered to hydro 10. I plan on tappering those until next week and start this thing called withdrawl ease. I am day 2 on withdrawl ease as it says to put in my system early. My Thoughts are with Wellbutrin and withdrawl ease I am covering myself on both ends. I read the posts about Wellbutrin working and hoping to have no withdrawls. I have felt a little anxiety here and there but can manage it and talk myself out of it. I think with these a positive mindset and god in your life anything is possible. I have a wonderful wife, 9 year old boy and 7 month old son and am doing this because the pills are a waste of time and do nothing for me. Please all keep me in your thoughts and prayers all goes well for me. Thank you all for your honesty and anyone else had same positive experience with these meds please respond.

I came here to get answers and double check; opiate addict for 4 years first heroin then the last 5 months I was on suboxone..
I started taking wellbutrin at the start of my detox. it seems to be helping, I even quit smoking cigarettes like it was nothing. I was happy to read all these posts, im on day 14 and I feel like this is my time to really stay clean. the only thing id suggest to look out for and its hard to differentiate but I think its harder to sleep because insomnia is a side effect of both withdrawing and wellB so maybe don't start it right off the bat, not sleeping will drive you crazy.
that's all just thought id chip in seeing as how im the perfect candidate for this question.

Withdrawing from Opiates causes depression, lasting long after the physical symptoms have gone away. That's the EASY part! It's the PAWS that's a b***h and an antidepressent, which also has stimulative effects can help a lot. Why wouldn't it?

This is probably LONG over. One way or the other. I had a 300 to 400mg Oxycintin (chewed, back when you could do that). In early 2000 I was getting it out of Mexico shipped next day from the US, for less than to cost in a US RETAIL PHARMACY. Then EVERYONE discovered MY drug, and the price skyrocketed. I blew $200K easy over 4 years. THAT's A HABIT. One day, got smarter, and switched to a Mehadone clinic at 75mg/day for 5 years. The only way people get off Methadone is to a) Go to jail, and be in bad shape for a month or more, and you can't cheat there LOL, or b) Slowly taper to zero over an extended period of time. It WILL be the hardest going for 10mg to zero! Wierd. Detox from long term Benzu use is the same. Getting from 1mg to zero was tough going. Getting from 8mg/day to 1mg, wasn't that bad.

Wellbutrin will help with the mental depression, but not with the physical symptoms. It you go SLOW -- like a mg drop per week, in six months you'll be clean, and won't suffer much if at all. 25mg is a lot, if you've been on higher dosages for a long time. Consider switching to Suboxone, which is also long acting and hard to get off of, but at least Dr.s can and will give you a months supply at once. I tapered from 24mg/day (too much, but didn't feel it, but $$$ yikes to 1mg/day now. I've stayed there because of its powerful. Blocking effect on pure agonist Opiodes like Oxy. 150mg of Roxie's, for my high school reunion, after not taking any Oxy for 5 years, put me in a good mood. That was it. Sub also has to be tapered slow from here to zero. I hope you've made out well. Advice above is solid. Unfortunately learned a lot of it the hard way. With a shrink helping, I would NEVER succeeded with the Xanax taper -- we took 2 years. You have to be serious, and always keep it going down. Level pauses are OK. Just keep coming down as you can. One day, you'll be at zero. Rushing any of this is not often successful.

amidoing it right, 25mg might sound small compared to where you were but if you have time to taper slow DO THAT. Any Weiibutrin induced euphoria, goes away LONG before your physical withdrawal symptoms will start. I think it will give you a little energy boost, and help with the accompanying depression, which can last for a year (or more) after extended Methadone usage. It takes time for your brains natural endorphins pleasure receptors to get functioning again. Anti-depressants, help and W., is a good, one but don't expect it to eliminate withdrawal pain. "I love your wording "maintaining my addiction, because on Methadone, from a clinic, all you are is legal! you are still very much the Opiate Addict. LOL. Methadone's harder to get off of than what you were taking originally. Corrections: I meant to say I couldn't have succeeded with the Xanax taper WITHOUT my shrink.

Hi all! I've been on Lexapro for 7 years for sepression and anxiety. Recently I had an incident happen to me that caused me to sink into a deep depression. I went to my doc and he prescribed Wellbutrin. It helped me so much not only with the depression but also with my alcohol addiction. I do not crave alcohol at all. Next step...getting off Vic's. I'm up to 20 10/325 a day and I'm broke. I'm hoping that tapering down and taking the Wellbutrin will help the withdrawals. I started taking the Vic's because they help me ALOT with my IBS. I actually have normal BM's so I'm really afraid of getting off of them. We shall see how it goes...

what was the dose you were prescribed?

You are right. Here is how my withdraw or lack of one went down. For 2 years I was a heavy user. Tried to quit 100's of times but the withdraws were too much. By hour 18 I would already be crawling on the floor begging god to help in anyway he could. Well 2 weeks before I quit this time I started running once a day. Built up to doing 3 miles in 30 minutes, yeah thats pretty decent. Anyway did that and 4 days before I quit I started wellbutrin. Well holy sh*t, I hit withdraws that I would describe as 10 percent of what I would have norm been thru so yeah, wellbutrin and some running killed my withdraw and I stopped using! Just like many of u, I was hardcore and never thought I could do it but I did!