Hello, I just googled the subject because I started Wellbutrin and any opiate need was gone and feel great after a few days. I lost my son last yr so my doctor put me on it but what a great surprise...it will help you.. good luck!

I disagree. Bupropion has worked like MAGIC for my opiate withdrawals. I still got a few HOT and cold flashes, but that was IT. I could still sleep and everything. This drug should be studied for this use.

Thanks for the tips I'm so bad off I was wondering was Wellbutrin could help it's so bad

I actually had a lot of relief.. I didn't realize until after I was done with wd that it helped!

Man, I've been fighting the opioids for far too long. I pickup a script of Wellbutrin tomorrow. Reading these post's about Wellbutrin and opioid withdrawal REALLY gives me renewed hope. I have to find a way to leave the Op's behind and keep working a job at the same time. I have tried but the damned depression keeps me going back.

I was put on Wellbutrin for focus and anxiety issues. I suffer from nausea and dizziness when I take it. But it seems to make me less desperate for loritab . A habit I have had for four years now. I want to keep taking the Wellbutrin even though it makes me sick so I don't want the Loritab so much. Wondering if I should just ask the doctor for help

Hi badhabit, I know this was a year ago that you wrote on here about your experience with getting off of opiates while using Wellbutrin. I am in pain management and have been so depressed due to chronic illness that about four years ago I was put on 300XL. I was able to taper my pain meds and want nothing more then to try to taper off completely. I feel like I don't know who I am anymore. I recently seen my p doc and he upped my Wellbutrin to 450XL. I'm wondering if I should try to taper off completely while using the 450XL or is it too late since I've already been on Wellbutrin for some time. I would like to see if it might help so I'm just gonna try each day to take a little less and see if any symptoms of withdrawal. Wow that would be wonderful. I hope you can come back on here and tell us how you are doing to date and what your opinion might be on my new dosage. I wondered also how you tapered while on Wellbutrin and are you still on Wellbutrin to date?

Hi Guest,
I've been on Wellbutrin for some time but my dose was recently upped and I wonder if this is the right time to try to get off of opiates as well. Can you explain how you went about it? Thanks in advance!

Can ANYONE update me on their experience with Wellbutrin and getting off of opiates. I am on opiates and have been on Wellbutrin for four years with my recent dosage upped. Can anyone tell me did they taper or cold turkey. Is it possible for me to do this even though I've been on Wellbutrin for some time??

It's been over 7 years ago since I was going down your road! I did so much reading then found myself just wanting off, I had a great Dr that did everything I asked. I knew if I could taper down I would be golden again. For me I took subutex ....till I was at such a tiny piece that I started wellbutron 150x2 a day along with cloniden at night with two benadryl. It took me 17 days to start sleeping again then my life was mine again! You can do this! Best of luck.

lol, both comments are funny regarding the 1500 mg. Especially the comment "I can't imagine", although a part of me would like to try. I hope everyone is doing well and someone will come on with an update. I couldn't agree with Dan about big pharma. It's so true. I think this is an anti craving med too. No one told me when I was put on it. I wouldn't care to smoke and I would always forget to take my opiates dose. Crazy. Had I known I would have put effort into both. I'm willing to try now, would just like to hear how everyone is.

Freeatlast you give me so much hope! Thank you!!

Aww, thanks so much for taking out time to reply. Ive actually been on Wellbutrin for a few years. I think I was just depressed from the opiate use as I never had depression before. I was starting to feel a little depressed again and was upped to 450mg. Do you think it's still possible to taper and quit since I've been on the Wellbutrin for so long or shouldn't that make any difference. I just wish I had known this info before. I just happened to stumble on this and I'm quite surprised and happy to try. I think I will just taper for a week or two and hope to go off. Thank you again!!!!! Your post and others give me so much hope!

Funny thing is I did stop talking my wellbutron just before I had to have surgery knowing that the pain would put me back on opioid again and what do you no.... Back on morphine after my hysterectomy. Took me 9 months to get back off again for the second time. The second time was harder on me with the no sleeping thing and restless feeling that never stopped. I had a few concerts coming up and I was damned if I was going to miss it, being a metal head helped me have the crazy power to keep running if you can believe that but it's true. Going to the gym with my headphones on with the loudest and hardest metal kept me going,hot showers.. X alot, everyone has a different way they get thru but in the end it's all about you and doing whatever it takes it fell human again, best of luck