I was surprised to learn that some of my female friends got herpes during last year. Actually, quite a lot of my friends, I think about 2 or 3 of them. They all use condoms during sex. And my male friends, on the other hand, have no complaints. Why is this happening? Why does herpes get more girls than ever before? Is it more common for the herpes virus to attack girls or is there something else?

There are no researches to confirm that girls are more prone to herpes than boys. Also, they must know that condoms cannot fully protect them from this virus, unless all regions with blisters and sores are covered with condom. This is usually not the case and sores on buttocks and thighs are as dangerous as those on the penis. You did not say anything about the type of the virus they suffer from, so I suppose that some of them have genital and some facial herpes. Oral sex without condoms is often not regarded as dangerous and risky, which is wrong - genital herpes from the boy’s penis can easily infect the girl and manifest on her face. Kissing a person with blisters on the mouths is also a possible way to get herpes. You didn’t state your age, but perhaps there might be this spirit of companionship among you which reflects in “show me your, I’ll show you mine” and which is more often found in young girls. Touching someone else’s sores greatly promotes the chances of getting it although the virus is not very resistant when it leaves the body. Therefore, washing your hands after any kind of contact with the blisters is a must.