The title pretty much says it all! My boyfriend and I had protected sex (I'm on the pill, and we use a condom) 2 days after my period. I had my period this month, and it was heavy (as usual), at the right time, and lasted the normal 5 days. Can someone be pregnant and still have this? I have been feeling dizzy, nauseas and had an upset stomach, as well as gaining 2kgs. I've also had these terrible sharp bloating gass pains and shooting pain from my vagina through to my legs.. I suffer from extreme anxiety/depression and an eating disorder, can this contribute to the symptoms? Thanks so much!

Hi there ...

Because you suffer from these disorders these could be definite reasons for the symptoms your explaining. Your menstrual cycle depends alot on mental and physical health. example: if a woman is under alot of stress she could be late or even miss her period or have a very light or even very heavy period.

The symptoms your explaining wouldn't be because of pregnancy just yet and because u got your period as normal it would be unlikely.

If your still very worried maybe see your doctor as a eating disorder could be doing more harm to your menstrual cycle that u may be aware of, also he could give you tips to stay healthy and could do a pregnancy test for you and could explain these things if its not the result of pregnancy. Some women bleed while pregnant but its usually very light and not common, you should also see a dr anyway as this bleeding could also be the result of a miscarriage.

Anxiety and depression can be a definite factor in these symptoms,  i suffer from this too and i get chronic headaches and and body  cramps because of this.

If you have any further questions please ask :)

best wishes :)

Thanks so much for the reply :) I have an irrational fear of becoming pregnant, which triggers my anxiety even more. I've always been so safe but I worry about the symptoms so much that I start to give myself the same symptoms.. It's frustrating! On another note, do you take anti-depressants? (If you don't mind me asking). It looks like I might have to start taking them, and I've heard many things, so I'm a bit worried. Are there any bad effects, or do they help a lot? And do they relieve the physical symptoms, such as headaches and nausea and nightmares and body aches? Thanks again :)

No worries very happy to help :)

I understand what you mean .. once something is in your head you stress yourself out about that one thing, etc... I used to take anti-depressants, but i stopped once i realized they were doing more harm than good. they increased my depression, and made me very sleepy, i never wanted to do anything, stop eating as normal and my social life started deteriating,  my mother was on them for years and she suffered from chronic migraines when she was on the medication, also her depression got worse.

i get body cramps and headaches because when im anxious i grind my teeth and and clench my jaw so tight that it sends shooting pains to my brain and i get body cramps because when im anxious i shake and my body goes stiff restricting my blood flow around my body.

It all depends on the person in the end, they work well for some people and dont for others, im not on any medication but i do tend  to go a bit overboard with the panadol sometimes but usually im just fine, im a smoker, so when i am anxious and shaking etc... i have cigarette which calms me down .. but if ur not a smoker dont start !! it was just an example, dont take drugs even for fun like weed, gas etc ... these will turn on you because they play on the part of the brain and dont go over board with alcohol , do it for fun but dont get silly with it and try to steer clear of red wine as it is a natural depressant. And i manage just fine... if you find u dont want to be on medication but cant stand the anxiety and depression try some of these that i do... may help :) .. you could try doing yoga or just sit and close your eyes and breath slowly this helps me to relax, listen to some quiet music, watch a movie with a block of chocolate :) just cry ... crying helps i always feel better after even if there wasnt a reason, perhaps keep a journal write your feelings down etc or if you have a much loved pet just spend some quality time with them take your dog for a walk clear your head etc... these things help me if i feel as though i have no way out ... or i start stressing/shaking ...  maybe give it a go ... another really good thing is to have someone there that understands you, i have a partner that understands he will just hug me until i relax or stop crying .. being held from a loved one make you feel as though your not alone and this can really help ...

if you have any more questions just ask :) happy to help :)

Well I took my 3rd pregnancy test and it gave me my 3rd negative now! If I was pregnant, I would be about 2 and a half months into the pregnancy, so I'm taking these symptoms as stress because no normal physical signs have shown. Thanks so much for the advice! I'm saving up for a doctor, but I've been weary of anti depressants. I might have to take them because of the severity of my case, maybe it'll help though, I'm hoping for that :) I'm feeling a lot better that I'm not alone in this! I have a very loving partner as well, who really helps me and who inspires me to get better. Just plain and simple hugs are magic when things hit rock bottom :) I think I'm gonna take up yoga to help now, I've always wanted to try it. Thank you again, you've given me a lot of relief, I hope you have a wonderful day (or night) and keep strong :)

No worries very happy to help :)

I hope all goes well for you and if u have any other questions or just want someones opinion im very happy to help :)

have a good one :D