hi my name is diamond me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex and i got pregnant, now im a month and i was wondering which abortion for me is better,and also do abortions hurt, and can i still have sex after

Hey Dimond,
I had a surgical abortion when I was 2 months pregnant and it hurt only at the time that it was being performed. The procedure itself only lasted about 5 minutes, but the prep-time was a good 15mins.
I think that at one month, the only kind of abortion you can have is a medical one. This means your doctor would give you a combination of medications to induce a miscarrige. The earlier you do this, the more effective it is. Talk to your doctor about it and ask everything you are unsure about. Good luck!

Abortion CAN Hurt, but it does NOT have to.

Many clinics offer asleep or twilight drugs, and this makes the abortion painless.

Surgical abortion is the fastest, most effective form of abortion, and is painless if you have 'good drugs'.

to find a clinic near you

gynpages.com

We are not allowed to link, but you can go to this website yourself =)

***post is edited by moderator ***inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

... you will also risk not being able to get pregnant in the future. You should really read into it before . You are risking your life and your health.

This is for the "guest" person. Who are you to try and make someone feel guilty about a heartbreaking decision they have made for themselves? Have you ever stopped to think some people are faced with difficult situations and had to make this decision. This is no game, and nobody asked for a guilt trip from you! Who are you anyway? nobody. remember that. On the other hand, you obviously don't know jack sh*t about abortions. Either that, or you have a sick mind in the way you think because they do not cut the baby up. They suck it out or give you medication that stops the hormone progesterone needed to continue pregnancy. Then, the uterus shed's its lining taking the egg/fetus with it. Get your sh*t straight. >;)

Abortions performed in the first few months are perfectly safe.

And NO, women don't have to feel guilty afterwards. I know PLENTY of women who have felt nothing but relief. I am one of those people. The doc didn't cut a baby up. He used gentle suction to remove something from my uterus smaller than a dime. And when I do decide to start my family, I will be grateful for the choice I had to wait until I was ready to give my children the best possible start in life.

A fetus at one month doesn't have fingerprints, it doesn't think, it doesn't feel. It's just THERE. And my kids won't be a "price I pay". Or a consequence.

I REALLY feel for you ladies who are so quick to say your abortions were a relief and that what was "gently sucked' out was "something" from your uterus. Actually that something IS a HUMAN BEING. I don't care how you all want to excuse it away, it is debateless (not sure if that's a word!), it is what it is and you're killing another human being.

I unfortunately have killed three of my babies. But, I have been forgiven and I know I will one day see my three babes in heaven for all eternity. I believed the same that you ladies did long ago, and I felt very strongly in regards to pro-choice. But, I have long since had my eyes opened and can clearly see the color of truth regarding the sanctity of the unborn and how abortion is a complete LIE!!

It will just be a matter of time before you ladies who have had abortions will begin to feel the pain from the abortion- mental, physical and spiritual. Some of you may still be "numb" to it thinking that it's actually "relief", but that will not last forever. Just be prepared to face the brokenhearted feelings when they come.

Thankfully, we have a loving God who always has His arms wide open to receive us in our brokenness!!

This is for Guest, who are you to judge someone when u urself have made that decision not one, not twice but THREE times?!?!
U should really just keep ur mouth shut, obviously Diamond didn't come on here to get a lecture from u. I am sure she is perfectly aware of eveyrthing, and has weighed her pros and cons...so she was here for support and if you couldn't do that then we really don't need to here u preach to us. ESPECIALLY when u have already had to make that heartbreaking decision for urself.
I'm sure we all know the painful and heartbreaking decision that has to be made when u chose to have an abortion and all thats really needed is SUPPORT.
Thats all.

I am trying to understand this "guest".... how can u sit there and write how u aborted 3.... lets say it again... 3 of ur fetuses, and then turn around and critize others for a choice u urself chose to do?... why is it that they are wrong for what THEY decided on? maybe they will ask for forgiveness just like u did... hmm that was food for thought... i am pro-choice... i see the people who are against abortions are not going to sit with u at home and take care of ur child, help u feed ur child... for the people who are so against abortions, i really hope they are out there trying to adopt a child in need instead of sitting in front of buildings in personal business that do not concern them one bit... i don't think the ladies who r pro-choice laid down with you, so there is no reason for u to get upset at what SHE wants to be done to her body... i am pretty sure u wouldn't want someone who u don't know from huckleberry finn telling you what to do with your life, how to do it, when to do it, why you have to do it... so honestly i really think that these groups who are against abortions should take a breather and concentrate on their lifes and learn how to live it

This is for guest. What do you suppose your babies will look like in heaven?
Will they still be embryos?

you do not have to get just a medical abortion at 1 month. they use a hand held device that is about the size of a turkey baster and that is what is used if you do not want the medicine abortion. its one thing going through the procedure but taking pills than goin home and having a glob of goo fall out of you does not sound pleasant.

this discussion really made me feel better, i was nervous and scared.
thank you guys, each and everyone one of you! you have no idea how much you just helped me!

and for guest, this is a discussion to help people not make them feel worse, your physcho. XD

I'm a month pregnant and I'm having a surgical abortion tomorrow. I went to a local planned parenthood when i first found out i was pregnant and they gave me all the information i needed. I suggest going and getting to know what's going on with your body. They have all the information to give you and they give you all of your options. It is the hardest decision you will ever have to make, but it helps ease the stress a little if you are informed and a have a plan.

basically,
if your more than 12 weeks you have no option but to have the " surgical method " where they put you to sleep for 10 minutes and remove the egg, if your under 9 weeks you can have the choice of having a " medical termination " where they give you 1 pill to help induce the pregnancy, then a week later you will be referred to hospital where they will insert 4 pessary tablets into the vagina to open the neck of the womb then the pregnancy will be naturally expelled, this takes 6 hours approximately.
ive had the medical termination and it has scarred me for life! :/ i felt nothing but guilt and the pain was immense :'( when my pregnancy was expelled it wasnt the size of " a dime " more like 3 tennis balls :| after youve gone through the abortion they will give you antibiotics to take for 2 weeks...

I am a new guest on here and i have had abortions, yea thats right plural. I was 18 19 and 21 I now have two kids from 23 and 25 I want more kids too. I was abused and ran away when I was 17. a few days before my 18th birthday I found out I was pregnant. I was living in a cuban devolpment ( a very small half bedroom efficency), scared about still being a runaway, had no car and was making money in very bad ways when I fell pregnant. I was ready to change my life and do whatever it took. I didn't know how though and I met a guy who took me to the abortion clinic and paid for my abortion. We were later engaged, as I couldn't let that guy go because he in my mind took my baby. I got pregnant and he didn't want the baby, I was a stripper at this point in a high end strip club and had just bought my first car ( a 1500 dollar mercedes), and was always angry about my past and abortion and other things. I didn't feel I could go thru with that pregnancy because of my job and I didn't want to make the only man that ever loved me leave. So I aborted a second time. Then we got married, and I had another abortion, still a stripper at 21. Well that was the last time and I changed my life, got my GED, went to massage therapy school, got pregnant, had my first daughter who is now 2 and have another one who is 3 months. It is not my fault that I get pregnant every 2 years. I cannot possibly bear a child every 2 years for all my life. I am very sad and think about my children often. When I had my first daughter all the feelings hit me. I was heartbroken for years. I starting taking pain medication due to an injury but then got pregnant again and kept the baby and I wouldn't have probably if I didn't learn from my past. I have my own business, my husband is the same guy and he doesn't work but I am doing the best I can with two kids and supprting a family of four myself. It is hard and I don't know if I would have been able to care for my children very well. My parents gave me a very bad start in my life and I have finally risen above it but everyday is a struggle. I want to become a registered nurse and I hope to have more kids. I love babies and I miss mine I couldn't have all of the time. If I had known any other options or had anyone that was a positive support in my life I would have easily made different choices. We all make mistakes and we do the best that we can all the time. I truly can say that I have. I am happy but everyday is hard. My hands are constantly hurting from all the massages I do. I have carpal tunnel but I also have a family to support. If I had any other choice I would have not had an abortion. If I knew how my heart would break years later I could have changes my life at 18...maybe. Hindsight is 20.20 8-|