I have smoked marijuana for about a good seven weeks over my winter break from college, and previously had only smoked about 20 time. So this break was my real time smoking casually. Most of the time I would just smoke once a night with friends. More or less, I would say I was high for half of my break. Upon returning to college, three days have gone by and I have not smoked. On the third day I began to get a wave of emotions. Now in the past I was always able to recess any feelings of depression and was usually happy-go-lucky. Now I can not control my depression and it feels like I do not belong anywhere, I feel a lack of motivation to do anything, and I am going through severe mood swings: one second I feel I am not wanted and the next second I get an email from an old friend and I feel extreme happiness that I feel like I need to cry. I have a good amount of friends at college but I have zero motivation to hang with them and though I know there my friends, I can not help but feel I am not wanted. I dont know if these are withdrawal symptoms, or if smoking that much weed has caused a personality disorder to arise in my psych?

You have symptoms of bipolar disorder. I don't know if this has anything to do with marijuana withdrawal or not.

There is no such thing as Cannabis addiction, there has been multiple studies conducted on this, even the federal government recognizes cannabis as non-addictive. Taking a break from smoking hasn't caused this problem. I wouldn't say your bi-polar, just a little depressed. Go see a therapist.

Iv given up a few times and every time iv had severe sweats at night for around a week, severe loss of appetite for a couple weeks and just generally not feeling too great and i know a lot of cannabis smokers who suffer with similar problems when theyve given up so what you have read or been told is absolute rubbish

And myo39 dont touch the stuff again iv been serious smoker last few years and smoked it since i was about15 and I'm 26 now on my 3rd day of giving up, its horrible trust me so i know where your coming from mate

i´m 26 too in the same situation. Is very said because we need to feel all the physical and mental symptoms and many people make joke about it. But this people usually keep the habit for many years and when decide to stop, they will remeber the symptoms we told them and they laughed in the past. The best the cannabis, worse de WDs. I know what i´m saying, the withdrawals are no joke. Be careful with strong strains people!!! I would say to you: don´t smoke....but many gonna smoke anyway so, be careful.

The federal government recognized tobacco as nonaddictive since july 4th, 1776 FYI