Hello. I'm 50 years old and just recently I have noticed that I have developed some sleeping disorder because I haven’t sleep properly for days now.
Of course, after three or four days I have talked with my friends and one of them told me that doctor long time ago prescribed him some sleeping pills as a treatment.
He told me that I should use them only for a week or so and he was very serious about it.
I don’t know why everyone is so serious when talking about some simple sleeping pills. Please provide me any informations before is start using these pills.

There is a simple answer to your question- first, sleeping pills can and do become addictive and second- your body can develop a tolerance after the first couple of weeks.
They will probably regulate your sleep disorder but you should aspect your nose, mouth and eyes dry so be sure to drink plenty of water ro avoid dehydration.
You should also know that it is always best to discuss with your doctor first if you are having problems sleeping instead of reaching for medication.
Before you take sleeping pills there are always some alternatives you can try - don't drink coffee after dinner, don't drink alcoholic beverages and eat a light dinner at an earlier hour.