hi i am 16 and need help, as i grew up i didnt get told about pulling foreskin back. but one day i over heard that what men usally do so i had ago and it killed like hell on the little stringy bit at the bottom of the penis. it does go back only a few inches is this normal, i have been told about circumcision but i refuse to have it, can some one please help me?

Since you said that you had severe pain in the frenulum (the stringy bit how you described it), it is quite possible that the only reason you can’t pull your foreskin back is because your frenulum may be too short.
There is an easy solution to this. It is called frenuloplasty and it is a surgical procedure but minor, not dangerous and risk free. It involves a small cut in the frenulum to make it longer, so that it would allow your foreskin to move. The healing is fast and you would be as good as new after it.

It is a different story if your foreskin was stuck at the top and you cannot retract it. This condition is called phimosis. Circumcision was the only procedure years ago for this problem but today it is the last option and you were right to have refused it. Doctors today prescribe corticosteroids and stretching techniques to stretch the foreskin and enable retraction.

Of course, you should see an urologist to distinguish which of the conditions you have and to direct to the right treatment.

I am 52 and I had a difficulty to pull the foreskin back when errected. Even when it is normal it was very difficult to pull back and it was a big problem to clean under the foreskin. When I had sex with wife it became worst getting cuts at the end of the skin.It was very painful and even urinating and washing was more painful. Because when the urine or water goes to the cuts it was a burning pain. I received many instructions and applied. But no one was useful. Finally I found a good solution and was really successful.
I applied some ayurvedic oil (prepared for healing wounds - I think coconut oil, cow gee , butter also OK) on the foreskin and rubbed gently first. At the begining it was little painful. Without worrying over the pain I rubbed and moved the skin forward and backward slowly. I did this about five times a day. Little by little the skin became soft and the cuts got recovered. I did this about five days. My problem was completely solved. Now I can move the foreskin freely even when it is totaly erected. It can be clean now. Having sex is also more comfortable and gives good feeling. I maintain this condition applying some oil, rubbing and pulling backward and forward some time before having a bath. But not everyday, once for two- three days.