Hi, im 15 and can't really pull my foreskin back so i cant see the full head of my penis when erect. Also will this matter whilst having sex, will it hurt? I really have no idea on this topic so i would really like some help - Thanks :-)

Hi, and this is something that many young boys experience when they are your age. In time you will be able to pull your skin back so you will see your head. And during sex you might feel some uncomfortable feelings but you will be ok. Don't forget to use condoms, because they are very important. In your case they will help you with your skin.
What about when you masturbate? Do you fill any pain?

That won't really make a difference while having sex, although you do run a slightly higher risk of penile injury. The best way to avoid that is through using lubrication and a condom. You want to put a small drop of water-based lubricant in the condom itself, then roll it on and put more lubrication on the outside so that you have a little less friction, but not so much that the condom falls off. Does anyone else have any suggestions for TOm09?

Hey, i'm 16 and i have the same problem as u TOm09.I have never been able to pull back my foreskin but for the very first time i did a few days ago but when i did it it got stuck. Eventually i managed to get it back over and ever since i havent pulled it back again. when i pulled back my foreskin for the first time i managed to get to that bit of your glands where it goes down a bit ( The bit at the back where the glands end) but i cant pull the whole glands out :-( I dont know if i should try pulling the foreskin bak again or not.... im realy worried incase it gets stuck. Also because i cant pull bak forskin it stinks under there :/ Any suggestions for me??? I have the same probles as TOm

Hi Kevin,
You have to be careful, you don't want to rush things. The best thing for you is to go slowly, and don't pull it all the way if it fells uncomfortable.
Regarding the smell, well yu just need to wash it more often. And while washing it try to pull your skin back, but again don't force it too much.

Hey ,thx for the advice dark_red....but i have another question about that. U said i need to wash it more often but how do i wash it if i cant pull back my foreskin all the way?? Theres a huge build up of stuff there but i cant hold the foreskin back long enough to get rid of it :-( Plz post again and thx again for advice. :-)

It's nothing to worry about.

I'm sorry you were not introduced to the proper cleaning of your penis as a youngster. The doctor told my mother to pull my foreskin all the way back and clean under it at every bath. She did that until I was about 6 when she turned the job over to me with a serious explanation that I HAD to do it. For a couple years she sporadically made sure I did by having me do it while she watched. So I've always been able to pull mine back behind the ridge of the glans to clean it. The back of that ridge is a hiding spot for smegma so being able to clean behind it is quite nice.

Mine always pulled back ok as long as it wasn't erect. By the time I was your age it hurt to pull it back behind the glans with a hard-on. If it got caught behind the glans as I got a hard-on, it was really painful. When it did get caught there, I usually couldn't get it to go forward without creating even worse pain. I soon found that was not a real problem though. If I put it away, it would roll back all by itself when it deflated. The only down side to that was the sensitive, and now exposed, glans rubbing on my underwear was uncomfortable to say the least. The bare glans rubbing against my pants also tended to keep the erection going.

After I got married and began having sex regularly I found the foreskin would always get pushed behind the glans during intercourse. This always resulted in painful stretch marks on the tip of it, so I decided to take it in my own hands, so to speak, and stretch it so it didn't do that. I did it by inserting two fingers into the tip while in the shower and spreading them as much as I could stand, for as long as I could stand. In a few weeks I was up to three fingers and still stretching. When it was loose enough to go back behind my glans without any pain I kept at it once in a while to prevent it from returning to it's old self.

If you decide to do what I did, you may get some sore stretch marks which will hurt like he** when urine gets on them, but that's the price to be paid for the comfort to come. It's only skin and it will heal just like the skin on the rest of your body. I think it heals quicker.

Having a foreskin that can be comfortably pulled all the way back is wonderful and adds to your sexual pleasure immensely. The inner side of your foreskin is "stretch sensitive" and when it can be stretched back during intercourse as the designer intended, it adds a lot to your pleasure. Being able to touch the whole glans during masturbation is a real plus too.

So work on getting that foreskin back there. You'll never regret it.

Have you tried inserting a finger inside the foreskin and tried to clean it?
Njoynlife has explained it well what worked for him. You can try this, but like he said there are some side effects.

Hey, i tried to put my fingers into my foreskin but it's to sore and hard to do. I cant actually get my fingers in there. My foreskins quite long because, i prob shoulda mentioned this, but when i was about 5 or 6 i had an operation about my foreskin. Im not quite sure why but it was something to do with my foreskin being to short for my penis. So it got stretched in an op. Do u think this could be the reason for why i cant get it back?? Once again as i said the finger thing didnt work :/ Thx for advice anyway :-D Any other advice plzz

Well this can be the cause of it. Have you considered maybe to go to doctor for check up? Maybe this can be something that you can not solve on your own?
You are in your puberty and it is very important for you that you fix your problem as soon as possible. Your body is still developing.
Also have you considered talking to one of your parents?

Hey, i only live with my mum and i rly dont want to tell her about this :/ Its to embarrising and i dont rly like talking about stuff like this. I rly dont wanna go to doctors either :-( Btw. I was in the shower there and i did manage to pull the skin back to about the first half of the glands. Whenever i get to this point but im to scared to pull it back any further cause im terrified of getting paraphimosios. When i get to this bit i can see some of the "Smaegma?" I prob could pull it back even further but as i said i dont wanna get it stuck. Cause it feels like i t will get stuck cause the foreskin seems to roll up as i go down even further :-( I tried washing what i could see off with the shower hose but my glands are so sensative i cant let the spraying water hit off them OWWW. I rly dont wanna tell Mum or go to doctor but if thats all i can do then i suppose ill need to :-( Is there anything else i can try before i tell or not?? Plz reply again and thx for your help so far :-D

Well as you described it, only thing you can do is to be patient. Try to do this every time you take a shower. Try not to use the shower hose, but try to apply water with your hands, gently.
I understand that you do not wish to tell your mother or go to a doctor, but I just want to tell you that this is not embarrassing. These things happen, and the doctor is the one that can help you the best. My suggestion would be to do it every time you go to shower and see if there is any improvement. If there is non, then you really should tell your mother so she can take you to see a doctor.

If you have any more questions just feel free to ask. In the mean time keep us updated on your condition.
I hope that you will be well.

Hey, thx for all the help you've given me dark_red and everyone else :-D . Ill keep trying to stretch it when im in the shower each day puting it down a little further each day. Ill keep u updated on how im doing. If it doesn't improve in a few weeks then ill go to the doctors :-(. Ill post every week telling you how it's going. Thx for all your help i really appreciate it :-D :-D :-D :-D

Hey, I seem to be having the same problem kinda. I'm 17 and last week, I had sexual intercourse with my girlfriend with a condom. Everything was going smoothly until I felt this pain on the tip of my penis. I felt the foreskin rolling back and when I took off the condom to see, the head of my penis was completely exposed. I lightly touched it but it was painful. I managed to pull the foreskin forward so that it would cover the head once again. What should I do? I tried cleaning it in the shower by retracting the foreskin and washing the head but it stings. Any help?

What stings? Do you mean your glans is sensitive to touch or is it your foreskin?

If your foreskin is tight and needs to stretch to get behind the glans, you probably have some slight tears in it from stretching. They will really sting when urine gets on them. Don't worry they will heal in about a day.

If it's the glans that is super sensitive, that's quite normal because it has been protected from the outside world all it's life.

My foreskin was too tight and I didn't want to go through life with it hurting everytime after sex so I stretched it until it was loose enough to retract comfortably.

My glans was also sensitive when it was uncovered. Eventually I got tired of that too, so I desensitized it by forcing it to meet the world.