I was a constant smoker i would go maybe 2 days without smoking every week. got serious about smoking weed when i was 15 smoked good til i was 17 and i still exercised , was still active , all that good stuff. Until one day on my way to school it happened. i had this huge heart rush!!! not sure if it was a panic attack? but it made me jump out my seat literally i was trippin. took about 5 mins til i calmed down. then i started feeling strange? almost as if i was dreaming. not a normal high how i always felt. and i could hear everyone in the room too loud. like i could literally hear everything at once. still had control over what i was doing. but i was uncomfortable the whole time. tried smoking again later on that night and it happened again i got the same heart rushing feeling again. only this time it wasn't as bad as the first. i guess because i had smoked less. so i stopped smoking for about a week and i tried it again. everything was going good we had just finished a whole swisha then outta nowhere it happens again but only this time it gets worse. My heart was beating way too fast , the back of my neck went numb and my left arm was shaky i couldn't stop moving it. it got so bad that my homies took me to the hospital. stupid doctors didn't know what was wrong with me they just checked my blood , took a piss test and they flushed my body out. i felt good after about 2 hours. All they said was stop smoking weed or your gonna die no more details?? and after that for the longest time i still had weird side effects my stomach was bloated for about a week. i had one bloody stool. and for about a year i felt that weird feeling like i was in a dream. that weird vision u see when ur dreaming if it makes any sense? i would flip out everywhere i went i would only feel chilled at home? it was strange every time i went out i felt my heart was going to jump again. only stress i had going on at the time was graduating nothing else. no depression none of that bull. i am perfectly healthy other than that. and i forgot to mention sometimes i would lace my swishas with Codeine syrup. i remember doing that the day before i got my first heart jump. i was told it could be trapped air in my stomach? maybe an ulcer? maybe its just the type of strain i was smoking? all my friends smoke i don't smoke because they do i just simply like smoking marijuana it makes everyone a better person and hungry. but i still don't know whats wrong i wanna try to smoke again but not if I'm going to have the same problem so if anybody can help in any way i would appreciate it. thank you. 

Im the same way. I am 28 now and I used to smoke weed in copious amounts as a teenager, and then one day I started getting panic attacks. They are there sometimes even when i dont smoke, but nowhere NEAR as often, or as powerful as when im stoned. I continued to do it for many years, but i reduced my quantity to something close to about half a bowl at a time, and that did help, but they still came around. I just learned to live with it. My advice to you? stop smoking weed.. lol not only is it bad for your health, it is bad for your state of being. Regardless of what people like to claim, weed does affect your personality if even just a little. It makes you a bit more lazy, a bit less perceptive, and unable to think as fast as when you are sober. There really is no "plus" to smoking weed. So consider this your body's way of telling you to quit. But, if you still want to for whatever reason, try reducing your intake. Keep lots of water and maybe some snacks handy to bring yourself back down if you accidentally smoke too much. Another good practice is to get up, walk or jog around a bit and get active to bring your buzz down and take your mind off it. Panic attacks are predominantly a mental thing, and taking your mind off that thing will do wonders for you.

But, its always a good idea to have a doctor look you over just to make sure its not something wrong with your heart... I know what I know of myself because when it started happening to me I did go see a doctor and they said my heart was fine, and that i was just having anxiety problems. So this is all contingent upon my own experience dealing with my own physical defect. Make sure its not something serious, and if its not, work off those suggestions and see if they help.

i'm a pot smoker, used to get panic attacks back in 88. I did 20 yrs of research and found that panic attacks are the bodys way of saying you are out of fuel for the drug. The panic attacks would happen in the morning upon waking up, not when smoking. I would say it was a depletion of the body over some years and I blame the other two things I did as contributors of my depletion and self created instability. I had jaw clinching due to kidney stress, then came hair loss after the kidney stress interupted my hair growth cycles (2-6 month cycles) that never had a chcance to re-establish it'self (hair loss, not hereditary).

I don't want to get anyone back on weed since it is not good but it is a strong possibility that synthetically grown pot is the hardest pannic attack causes. such as synthetic potassium, or phosphates for budding.

I found organically grown does not over power the senses and has a more pleasant high rather than zoning out completely.

Same here but i have no idea what is wrong with me i smoked or am smoking for about 4 years and one night i woke up smoked a joint and my whole body went numb and something happened in my head that i cannot explain i woke up the next day fine smoked again it happened again i was told it was hormonal changes in my body because i felt really ill for about 3 weeks its now been over a month and i still cant smoke without the same thing happening but i am not ill anymore i was a heavy user atleast 4 grams a day and now i cant smoke one joint it gets me depressed because weed is helpfull and all my friends smoke.