ok im sure there are lots of posts but i want to list specifically what happened and have thoughts if anyone think this is a panic attackt brought on from strong skunk.

Ok im 25 fit healthy never smoke cigs full time or drink much. I play sport my hearbeat has been as low as 54beats restings not in that shape right now its about 64 per min.

Years ago when i was 16 - 19 i used to smoke pot a lot. So i would say im an experienced user. Very seldom smoke it anymore.

Anyway the other day friends come round had a spliff do i want some so ive toked prob a quarter of the spliff. they left ive lay on bed.....now how long after i cant remember this where goes all weird...maybe 25 min ????

ok my head starts feeling dizzy but i expect this, certain sensations, feelings i expect. It starts getting weird when i pick up a can of coke...and cant feel me clasping the can.......my heart is racing...i suddently feel my arm feels numb the can touchs my lip and it is Numb... as if ive had general anasthetic........ i drink a sip and ic ant taste anything...i also have no feeling sensation of swallowing.....my breathing starts going funny but even worse.... i have no feeling of breathing in or out its Numb....it panics me to some degree obviously ive never reacted this way from weed so im thinking was it Laced or is something else happening.

Try to stay relaxed but not working. Different parts of my body are going numb....i bring the can to my face to drink again... but so hard to explain its like the can reached my face before my brain new it was there like my senses were behind actions happening cant really explain this......so im feelin dizzy heart racing, and numb feelings no sensation of breathing or swallowing and its scary.....

heart went to about 170per min for cup hours had to go hospital etc......

so anyways much of these symptons carried on for a good long time......started getting tight pains in my chest and my lower abdomen like i was being squeezed aswell. I was trying to speak and my speech was suddenly slurred...i was stuttering, couldnt talk properly. Now i have never felt any of this from weed. I also think i suffered random attacks for like a week a year ago...but nothing severe like this either............

before i left she askd me to smile and was touching me and stuff i am thinking some simple tests to make sure i didnt have a mini stroke ????

Anyways this experience really worried me as i have never felt this way before. So im summary

* Numbness of arms, legs,lips, face, not feeling that im breathing or swallowing.
* heart speed up. blood pressure up.
* speech slurred and stuttering.
* Things happening before my brain knows they are

I literally thought i was going to die. 1 Day since this happened, i feel pretty normal but at times some parts of my bodyhave felt number than the rest....might just be in my head that im still scared i dunno.

But can anyone give me there thoughts on this, as was very worrying

It does sound like an anxiety (panic) attack. Of course there could have been something in the weed as well.

I had the same thing happen to a friend last year. He called me thinking he was going to die. He couldn't feel his arms, legs, anything. His heart was pounding and racing. The symptoms were almost identical to yours.

The people he was with though seemed OK so I'm not really sure if it was laced.

You say you had this before. What prompted them then, do you recall? This is common with anxiety attacks.

Did something about using the weed make you nervous?

I'm glad you were checked out and are OK. If you do have any of these attacks again, talk to your doctor.

Hope this helps, let us know how you are doing.

PANIC ATTACK TO THE TEE!

Feeling like you're being squeezed is the blood rushing to your major organs from the rush of adrenalin. Most people have panic attacks when in face of dangerous or overwhelming situation. Now picture having one with out any external danger and being on a psychadelic drug..... THC so yeah its goin to be wacked,,, If I was you I would never smoke weed again, from my experience it can become allot worse.

Cheers

BTW you cannot die from a panic attack ever, so yeah it feels like it but you are perfectly safe.

what happened last year...... nothing... :S just for about 5 days started having these strange seizures out the blue... no reason fo them.....smoking the weed no i wasn't panicked or anything i was chilling on my bed trying to watch the Amir Khan fight.........

I started feeling like the start of a whitener cause i aint smoked in ages....this is normal and does not panic me all was good.....

the numbness was when it started getting :S In the attack things last year.....alls that was like shortness of breath constant dizzyness and a need for cold air and walking around.... that was pretty much it....... nothing like what happened the other day......

what started making me :S :S was when you blow/breath out u can feel your breath leaving yes..... i could not i was total numb ki Could put my hand on my chest and feel it moving Up and Down to KNOW that i am actually breathing.......

but i had no sensation of taking air in or breathing it out..... i could not feel the can iwas holding i could not feel liquid going down.....

things that has never ever felt in my life before..............

reading on the internet more has me even more spooked as it usually does because i am not experienced with every sympton or happening of a panick attact but apparently all my symptons match up also with a Mini Stroke, that has kind of worried me and im thinking of going Dr for a checkup ??? At the hospital before i left they asked me to smile they was feeling all my body asking if i felt so i think they were trying tosee if i had some sort of stroke but im not sure.

THC /Weed has never done anything like this to me before

It sounds to me like you've been through this before! How many times have you gone through that? I have had one or two panic attacks myself but you sound like an expert in it!

Last summer I had just gotten back from BRazil playing in the latin american poker tour, quit my job went back to school was taking 6 courses in four months my parets were out of town life was stressfull. One night I went over too this girls house who really liked me we smoked a huge CANNON of a J and than we smoked another 5 minuts after that I started to feel weird and had to leave. Ever since that night I have done allot of research into panic attacks anxiety attacks and what exactly Cannabis can do to you and other peoples experiences. So yes I do know quite allot when it comes down to it, and I believe that the knowledge itself has led me to feel normal again. I've tried three times in the last year too start smoking again and only to end up in the same place panicky and stressed out, this is my third time quitting this year and the last time. For some reason at this poing in my life Cannabis is only stressing me out. MAybe one day in the future when I acheive my goals and am in a less stressfull situation I will be able to smoke again and enjoy it but right now theres no way. Funny enough I can control my panic attacks I have never gone to the hospital taken any medication or had any symptons like passing out or blacking out. Its hard to believe that you are fine when your body is swirling around negative thoughts and adrenalin but ive learned that what ever state im in will always pass. I think five months from now I will be the no limit no fear super confident person I was before I had almost had a panic attack on cannabis. I also hope that anyone going through what I am right now can read these posts and know that however bad there situations is it can always get better if they can have hte courage to make it better.

PEACE
B

I honestly think that your experiences will definitely help someone who has been through this so thanks for posting on it. Do you have any formal training or did you take any psych courses or anything like that? Or are you totally self-trained?

I took psychology as a minor in University I loved reading upon the different perspectives of people and cultures regarding human behaviour and the meaning of what life should be. So I geuss I have some prior knowledge before this experience. Before in class I would remeber learning about mental disorders and the power of thougts themselves but its only know I realize how much human thoughts control human behaviours desitnys and lifes themselves. What orignally braught you to this forum blue?

I think that's a pretty good background. Of course you really do have to go through it to understand it. As for me, I came on here a bit ago because I quit doing medicine a couple years back but still wanted to be involved so I figured this was a good start. Not as exciting as yours. :) But thanks for your perspective. You're a very helpful poster I think!

Hey each persons story is unique we live in a crazy world, probably why so many of us are stressing. No medicine is good, I'm a firm believer in natural cures as oppose to pharmaceuticals. Dont get me wrong though if you have cancer get some chemo or whateever but for stress sleep and sex and more i think natural is best. Good for you for helping and cleaning yourself up.

Hah oh you misunderstand me. I didn't actually give up pharmaceuticals. I actually studied medicine. I think that it's true what your'e saying though. Actually something that a lot of people don't realize is that marijuana is great for symptoms of chemotherapy, but that stress is totally not something you can escape. Have you ever tried any therapy?

Other than self help and reading allot of books not really. I read panic away and baught a book by something orbitz for CBT and did some TEa-charts. The internet is a beautiful thing but quiting weeed was most important it was the chemical imbalance that triggered the behaviour.

Can you tell me more about what Tea-Charts are? I don't think I'd ever heard of them and I think that would be pretty neat to hear about. Let me know!

bluedog wrote:

BJamin wrote:

Hi BJamin, are you still around? I am really curious to hear about what these Tea-Charts are so that I can maybe use them. Thanks!

I've felt like that before, You where probably in a weird enviroment. Depending on who and where you where smoking it changes the high completely. Ive been smoking for my whole life. I have never seen or heard EVER of anyone over dosing on pot, the worst that Ive heard is greening out, which I have done myself. I basically puked for an hour and I felt fine after and went to bed. Some people cant handle pot, Its been getting alot stronger through the years so that couldve been a reason. My friend everytime she smokes pot she gets super paranoid its her first reaction, I get like that to rarely but I just keep smoking till I dont feel paranoid anymore:) Pot is an amazing medicine. It has helped me with my anxiety like no other pill or treatment. !