Im 16 now and ive been trying to stop masterbating for 3 years and its ruining me socially, physically, and mentally. I feel depressed all the time and i've gained an antisocial disorder. I feel like c**p all the time and i feel guilty and horrible everytime i do it. Sure, i've tried to stop, the longest i've withheld was 3 weeks but i always ending up failing and my self esteem gets lower and lower......many people say it's normal but it's not really like that in my case, i felt weaker and more alone since i started and its strongly against my religon....I can't accept it, i've tried but can't...
...I feel like if i don't find a solution to stop doing this, perhaps i'll never be normal ever again, Please Help!

Hello there. It is normal that you do masturbate when you are younger because that is the only way to see what your body actually is. I am not saying that you are now old but you need to find some ways to stop masturbating.  

For sure it can affect your social life in near future. I am just wondering one thing - how a boy like you, who is just 16 years old doesn't have any type of hobby that is going to distract him from masturbating? 

You can stop masturbating, but sincerely I don't think that you are trying hard enough...

i went through pretty much the same thing, i was always trying my hardest to stop masturbating all the time but could never do it, but now i'm 19, and i dont feel the urge to do it all the time, when i was younger i would do it when i was board or just saw some hot women on the tele and i would be off! lol, even though i tried to control myself its hard, but as you get older it will become easier to control, i think

hey guys, i too have a masturbation problem!

i'm only 15 and ive had it for about 3 years, and i hate it! i've tried to stop on my own, too. everyone says its healthy, well it's not in my case as well.

it's hard to hide stuff from my parents, i too feel really bad and depressed afterwards. i get so mad at things i shouldn't, it hurts sometimes as well, i get stressed out.
but most of all i have an amazing girlfriend: we've been together for about a year and i want to stop to stay true to her.

masturbation haunts me and i truely hate it. please help us stop.

Is it a sin? The weird sin means off target. If you think it is a sin then it is. If you don't think it is, then it is not. If you feel better when you don't, but you crave to do it all the time, then you need to figure out if you are just a turned on toad, a sex addict or a combo.

I am married and i still spank it. The sinful thing is if i spill my seed or somehow do not allow my seed the chance to create life. That is a sin for me as I am pro life. So only if I am trying to stop life, like cumming in a condom or pulling out only to stop a child from being created. But if I pull out because of a fun reason like my wife wants it, then that is not a sin. If I am spanking it alone, then there is no chance for life anyway.

I would say to stop making this so hard. Sex is a wonderful thing, that is why we (some of us anyway) love it so much that even while married we spank it. God made sex wonderful. I say keep it safe and pray about it. Let God shape your sex ideals, NOT other people.

what is with all this guilt about masturbation? and honestly if there is anything wrong with it, then why do men have the stereotypical "wet dream" every once and awhile? sounds like a god who says masturbation is a sin makes it impossible not to sin!
You're human, kid, don't be afraid of your flaws.

But if you want to quit I have found that working out works a lot of the time. When I wanted to slow down how often I masturbated (once a day) i started working out every day instead. I don't know if it is the testosterone or what that gets released when you do intense physical labor, but it seems to quit the urge... especially when you are really pushing your muscles to the limit.

The other benefit of this is that you will feel physically healthier and maybe on the day you don't work out (ironically Sunday for me) you can reward yourself. Its a great way to get control of the issue and feel both physically and emotionally better. Plus... maybe you will get a girl friend who can take care of the problem for you since you have worked out so much. Best of luck kid.

Guys,
You're not going to convince anyone of your point by condemning their religion or lack of it.

Please have the decency to not insult other's opinions.
If you want to express your opinion, whether religious based or not, go ahead.

But we won't tollerate insults, name-calling or condemnation.
This forum is about finding information and sharing. If you don't like what's being shared, you may look elsewhere.

But please be respectful of each other.

VsadNH,

Boys like you are one of the reasons why I'm involved in this website.

You sound very conflicted, torn in several directions.

I hear you when you say masturbation is stronly against your religion.

I'd like to point out something you said about witholding for 3 weeks, but then failing. You're looking at it from the wrong angle. You didn't fail after 3 weeks. You succeeded for 3 weeks.

Notice that most males will only be able to keep from having a semen emmision every two weeks, whether they cause it or it happens in their sleep. If you lasted 3 weeks, you're doing better than average!

What you're working against is normal human male biology. Your body is going to respond. It's what we're programmed to do. YOU control when and where you respond, whether it's by your hand, another partner, or by nature when asleep. Some find they gain control by physically working out. But all men will emit sperm, somehow, somewhere. VERY few do not.

I would urge you to speak with an elder in your church with whom you can discuss this in private. You may find your religion is not as strict in this area as you think. You may find he has other insights in how to help you cope.

Personally, I don't see you as failing... only that you're human and struggling with new feelings and reactions that a 16 year old learns about.

But I respect your choice of religious morals and your right to practice self control, if that's what you want to do.

Just don't be so hard on yourself. ALL males encounter what you are doing.

Guest,

thank you for sharing this.

I think in part you are correct that with experience, you'll be able to control your impulse better. However, I also think that as long as you're a sexual mature male, you will be aroused by sights, sounds, images, feelings, touch and other senual inputs.

You sound alot like me. Im going through this same problem too, and it goes against what I believe in my faith in Jesus. I also think its making me anti-social, and whenever I do it in several days in a row I feel guilty, depressed, and fatigued. Try surrounding yourself with other Christians (or whatever faith you belong too) and be open about and. Talking and confession to others who understand really helps. (Also Prayer)

I use to be like you kids, you gotta know though, Love and Lust are 2 different things, When he said don't lust in your heart he ment, don't go and bang that chick bro or think MAN I'D GIVE HER A GO. They're just impure thoughts, Masturbation REDUCES THE RISK OF PROSTATE CANCER, if this was not a proven medical health to say to masterbate then why would of God designed us this way? At the end of the day whats worse? banging some random chick, cheating on your partner who's not into sex or masterbating, you need to let your release go, it's healthy, anything healthy for you is not a bad thing.

Best of luck.

Just be active. I used to do it 4 to 5 time daily since i was 11. Nearly 19 and have cut down to just once a day, if i am busy then i might not even do it because i have distractions, and lets face it, thats the main word here DISTRACTION! Try not to be alone for the whole day, and you'll find yourself cutting down masturbation considerably !!

Proven facts, it worked for me ;-)

hi, yeah im 14 and i started to masturbate,jack off, etc. last year. ive been trying to stop but its really hard to. masturbation is a really sinful thing and is really hard to avoid the urge to start. when i started i was just "experimenting in the shower, and all of the sudden i ... yeah ... started to feel weird and i ejjaculated, later in the year when i "jacked off" i felt really dirty and felt like killing myself:cry:, but i know that our God is faithfull and we should be as well by stopping.

soo. prayer really helps it, it gets your mind off things and focused on God, and maybe marking it down on a calender by putting a check mark for when you havent, and hanging out with friends helps. ... oh and getting a girlfriend should

I have a big problem with it as well. When I was younger I was molested by a family member even though it was against my will i still had orgasms. Then finally whenever that person stop i find myself wanted to masturbate. I was sexually abused when i was 7 on up to the age of 12 then I started masturbating, now i am about to turn 20 and i still do it. I have never had sex with anyone.. But masturbation is a sin if you feel like it is.... People always says... well.... whenever you have wet dream it isn't a sin that is totally different. i think we have wet dream so we wouldn't have to masturbate.... In the bible it says that if you let anything become between you and God then it's a sin. If you feel nasty,depressed,guilty, such on... then it is. NO MATTER WHAT OTHERS SAY.... I still pray and ask for forgiveness, I don't want to just be forgiven, I want to stop completely.. I don't know what to do except to pray and seek God until one day I realize that I don't do it anymore.

I feel the same way, all the way till i was 15 i masturbated more than once a day, i hated it.
I couldnt stop i tried but i couldnt.
But now i have a girlfriend, i dont even want sex that often so i think its just part of growing up to be quite honest.