im 16 years old and i masterbate about 2 times a day. i have been for about 3 years. I have been asking for forgivness and to stop doing it every time i pray at night and at chruch. i keep asking to stop but i never do. even when i get the body and blood of Jesus, i still got it a week later. what should i do i need help fast i want a better reationship with the Lord

if the lord wanted all males and females to do it and had nothing against it then why dont we all do it.

Ok I'm a dumb atheist but lets just say that God did create everyone and everything in a magical little flash, if he didn't want us to masturbate then he would have made us experience puberty, wouldn't he? Your hormones are bouncing off the wall at the moment and God is going to make them stop, masturbation is not normal for your age and anyone that tells you is so right. i'm just a hypocritical as****e

hey honestly i have the same problem and as of right now i am the same age as you are. For years i have been rying to stop and no matter what some how i end up going back to masterbation. Honestly it pisses me off, but one good way for me to stop was to get my mind on something else. If I'm home doing nothing but tv and computer then i end up going to sites and watching things i shouldnt. Also yes masterbations is a sin. I think so, whenever i do it, after i feel dirty and remorsful and sorry to God. If I am feeling sorry to God, then our conscience is telling us that it is bad, like stealing or murder. You know it is bad... I don't know if i helped you anyway, but i just thought i might tell you what i thought because i came across this site because i was googling questions on how to stop masturbation.... Good luck and may God be with you... When you do fail, cling onto God harder than ever, as if he is your lifeline while you are dangling on a cliff. Don't let go... and dont listen to those people who say masturbation isnt a sin. They're fooling themselves, because once i tried to lie to myself thinking masturbation wasn't a sin so i wouldnt feel guitly but it is... so dont get fooled by the wolf in the lambs disguise!

I am a Christian, I am currently studying Wicca.
I think praying to a diety alone will suffice.
What I think the problem is, is that you seem to
have a weak mind.
You feel as if you need to do that,
maybe because of the pleasure you get.
You don't need to be stronger and resist urges,
letting them break through the barrier.
If you can strengthen your mind,
if you let the temptation and thoughts
break through that barrier, there is
hope for you, because praying to a diety
alone will get you out of the hole you are in now,
like everything else, you must meet them half way.
If you want something, work for it.
Strengthen your mind, allow thoughts and
temptation to break you.

In the bible is indeed something said as "you should not waste semen". But this is in some context.
Somewhere where will be written "go" (like "go and multiply"), so that doesn't mean you should 'go' whenever you are in a boring class...
The "you should not waste semen" part is mentionned in an explanation about how te reach enlightenment (a state of mind where you understand suddenly how the whole universe works and thereby are at peace with the world).
It's a trick famous people have used. If you masturbate, right before the top, if you stop, you are in a very clear state mentally(only thinking about 1 thing) and when you switch you thoughts to some problem, the solution can come clearly. But after the top, that state is gone, so that's why that sentence is in the bible.
Myself, I want to try this, but I never can stop in time :'( so I haven't experienced it myself yet.

greetings

God gave you your body and the ability to experience. I personally think it's a sin not to enjoy and worship the gift that He has given you. It is also a safe, healthy, natural way to explore your sexuality as well as providing another alternative to premarital sex.

As for not "needing" to masturbate while married, that can be a recipe for a terrible sex life with one's significant other. If you know nothing about how your own body works and responds sexually, which you would learn through masturbation, how are you supposed to guide your husband or wife when he or she wants to give you pleasure? You can't possibly teach them something that you don't understand yourself.

The bottom line is, masturbation is nothing to feel guilty about. There is nothing in the Bible that specifically says that masturbation is forbidden; in fact, masturbation is never even mentioned. The passage about not "spilling one's seed" (Genesis 38:7-10) actually refers to the story of Onan. After his brother died, Onan was commanded by God to impregnate his brother's wife, as was customary at that time. Onan had sex with her, but defied God by pulling out before he ejaculated, therefore avoiding the possibility of getting her pregnant. His semen spilled on the ground. Nowhere does it say anything about masturbation being a sin; the only sin in this story occured when Onan defied God by not doing his "duty" and impregnating his brother's wife.

everyone gets tempted to masturbate but it may be a little hard to get out now harder then when u started masturbating but if u keep doing it it will get harder and harder and hormones are meant for you to grow up not to masturbate the way u got the addiction to masturbate is the first time u had sex or u masturbated if u never done it it would not be a addiction plz do not masturbate find something to do to occupy yourself if u have a girlfriend a kiss is ok or smuggling but the minute all ur clothes are off is when u have sinned and watching porno is a sin because u are enjoying the people that are having sex but when the sperm comes out then u forget and thats when u feel guilty so there's really no point after u masturbate just think of that and when u come over this god will reward you this has happened to a lot of people before this generation i even experienced it myself.

Think of it this way. If he were to descend from hell right now... and you were masturbating, would you not be proud of what you are doing? Its the same thing as if He were to descend and you in the process of killing someone. Would you feel proud at that point? Honestly, i don't masturbate, but on the other hand, the only way Good will deny you into hell is if you deny him on earth (if you havent already been saved). So regardless of what sin you do, you will go to hell, its just one of those situations where you have to think.... Would God be happy with what im doing right now? yes, he would be.

as mentioned before, occupy yourself. Try not to be alone most of time. Download some online games or any home gaming console. If you really do believe you can do it, you can give up masturbation. The more time you are able to spend without masturbation, the easier it willl be to stop it, because of guilt itself.

it will not send you to helll but will however keep you from getting a greater annointing from god the best annointing comes from living a clean and pure and holy life twenty four seven. so don't focus on what you cant do for god. focus on what you do for god and you wont have time to worry about what you cant do

To the first person who replied: think of this. God wants us all to follow him and have a close relation ship with him. Why don't we all follow him? That type of logic is irrelevant and can not solve anything in this issue.

Now, I understand how you feel (person who posted this question). I am 15 yrs old, and I feel the same way you do. However, It is not the nudity or thoughts of getting "inside of a women" that entices me. I would rather not state what does (And no, it is not "getting inside a naked man, or getting in an animal", has nothing to do with any of that.) However, as far as Masturbation being a Sin, I believe it may sometimes be a sin, other times not.

I am a Christian, so of course I am speaking from the "Creation" point of view. God instilled in us our own unique interests. With that, our own unique views and wishes. For a Man who is married to look upon sites hosting porn and the like and to masturbate to it, I believe that is a sin. Reason being: In your mind, heart, and will you are committing adultery by pleasuring yourself to another person not being the one you committed Love, and loyalty to through marriage.

However, If you are single and not married, as long as you keep to yourself I don't necessarily believe it is a Sin. God gave us the gift of Sex and the Orgasm for as far as I know, two reasons. Reproduction is the first. God wants us to be fruitful (bare children). However, if that was the only reason he gave this gift to us, then we wouldn't feel such pleasure in doing it. God also gave us these gifts for pleasure and enjoyment. And as many have stated, to not use the gift God gave us in my mind IS a sin.

Ultimately, it is your obligation as a Christian to search the bible and pray to God on your own behalf. It is your responsibility to interpret what God says, and what his word says. Don't take our words for it. For all I know, I could be responsible for your damnation into hell for what I am telling you if you believe me. Search your heart, search your mind, read God's word and pray to him. Then decide whether it is right or wrong.

Its there for a reason, everyone does it..

Ugh I'm so confused, so many debates about it. I believe it is a sin when you are thinking about another person...but what if you're just thinking about something else, like an anime character, not an actual person? Also how come sometimes it can happen in your sleep, sure you can't control it but isn't it a sin if you're dreaming about it? Its still your thoughts...I do it, but like I said, I don't think about actual people, but I still wish I knew if it was a sin or not, I don't like risking going to hell not knowing if its a sin or not, and I love the Lord with all of my heart, but I just can't stop myself sometimes...I hate it when people just say "oh its not a sin" no explanation or anything, but then i hate when people say "its a sin to lust for another person" because that's obvious, but they never say anything about if its not a real person...

im 20 yr women who was raised in a christian family go to church all the time.. and my parents are pasters and i cant stop masterbating.. i noe its wrong and i should stop bc it dose say that it is a sin and we shouldnt do it its just in a nother term...i myself am trying to stop but its hard... as long as u wait to have sex till ur merried bc iv seen soo many peoples life go down bc they didnt wait... but as the whole masterbating thing.. i feel like a fraud... i used to watch porn i noe its horrible i saw it once and there was i time i couldnt stop but now ... i let random guys i have never met before just online and give them my num and let them call me to have phone sex and im starting to stop..its all very additcting... just try to stop it all now before it gets worse...hope this helped :-) ... oh ya one more thing... never stop praying to ask God to help... he will .. never stop