Hi! Well as the title says I feel guilty after masturbating, but guilty as if I'm going to hell for doing it!! Do you think (if you are religious or anything) that you could go to hell for masturbating?! Btw I never think of anyone while masturbating or watch porn or anything like that...Please reply! Thanks! :-)[/url]

No, it is not a sin for masterbating. Even if people made you think so in anyway, including the bible. Do you think god himself would deny you for such a natural thing? I don't think so. It is completely healthy to masterbate, and you shouldn't feel guilty for doing it. IT totally natural for us to have such feelings. Everyone does it...not saying that because everyone does it you should too, but if so many people do it in the world, which would probably be almost everybody in the universe, we couldn't all go to hell....you know what I'm trying to get at? Don't feel guilty for something that comes so natural to the human being, after all we are animals if were to be included mammals...lol~Jill

LoL! Thank you so much!! I'll feel better when doing it :-D You just saved my self stimulation and my body! LoL xD

It is a sin, you lust over beautiful women.

I found this,

Try to avoid masturbating, it is a mortal sin.

The reason we want to masturbate is temptation, there is a lot of temptations. If you are going to argue "Oh it feels good, why not do it". So if killing people felt good, I would argue the same " Oh it's fun, why would god say no to killing people, if it makes me feel good about myself?"

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Don't let this person put you down Candylover...no one needs to make you think what is right or what is wrong. In your heart you know whats right and wrong. You can choose for yourself. And for your information Enigma65 if you wanna get so technical on religion, how do you think adam and eve created the son of adam? If your a child of god you wouldn't go around preaching what in your close minded head is right and wrong to others. AND KILLING PEOPLE!!!!! HOW DARE YOU EVEN COMPARE MASTERBATION TO KILLING....if god at any point thought it was such a horrid sin, why is there such a thing in the world? I'm not a real relgious person, but I believe in god verry verry much, and I know god wouldn't deny us over such petty things...don't be so negative, and don't make others feel so sh*tty about themselves,

Never knew I would be talking to such informed people. Closed minded?

Seeing as god created masturbation, I might as well smoke as much dope as I can. Hey, God put it here, must be okay! What does the creation of adam and eve's son have to do with masturbation? Please, can you relate the two?

CandyLover, if you are a religious person, why not talk to your priest? Ask him. If you are going to ask at a forum where masturbation is smiled upon, then yes they are going to say okay.

Again lust is a sin, when you masturbate, you probably have a dirty image in your head.

You act as if I am the only one who preaches masturbation is a sin, go look around. There are other answers besides steadyhealth, if you limit yourself to one source, **************. THis forum is filled with people who thinks okay, go look on religious forums, they will disagree. Why do you ask a religious question on here?

***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting**

CandyLover,

You're asking questions in a forum that primarily deals with physical issues. Your question borders on religious interpretation, and you will find there are almost as many opinions as there are people who visit here.

Enigma65 prefers to depend upon their religious training to answer the moral question of masturbation.

MudChick applies a more natural, humane standard.

Each person will come to their own resolution on this issue, but be assured that a few things are widely known, though not admitted to:

Almost all men masturbate. About 95% do. About 4% say they do not, but do in private. Less than 1% of men do not masturbate for whatever reason.

When it comes to women, there are far fewer that admit to it (say, 65%) and a larger portion that do not engage in it... but the reasons for this can be widely varried.

It could be religous training, a lack of libedo, lack of privacy, or post-menapausal drop in hormones.

The important thing is to settle yourself for your peace of mind. If that comes from consulting a religious authority, then do that.

If you take comfort in the ideas MudChick suggest, that's fine too.

For my part, I lean much more toward MudChick's point of view than Enigma's.... and I don't equate masturbation with dope, killing, or any other offensive moral choice that Enigma might introduce to make their point.

If you'd like to read more on this topic, you can find several self-help books in your bookstore, at Amazon.com or in your library.

One that I have heard strongly recommended by women is "Sex for One" by Betty Dobson. But I have not read it. (Of course, I am assuming you're female here... just as Enigma was assuming you were male.)

good luck.

Ok...Thank you so much guys for trying to help, tho I want to clarify some points:

1- I'm a girl...
2- No, I do not have any dirty images in my mind while doing it, I just think of myself masturbating.
3- I would never compare masturbation with killing because sometimes while I'm in my period (you don't know cuz you're not a girl) my hormones are crazy and I just think of masturbating and eating chocolate, but in other hand your body doesn't asks for killing...
4- I'm not shure if talking to a priest would help me because most of them are doing more sins than us, for example: here in my country just about 2 days ago a priest, that is 56 years old, got married with a girl that is just 19 years old!!! Come on!!! O.O

But I'm still confused wheter if it's bad or not, because it feels good but after doing it I feel like if God is looking at me and that I'm going to hell :-( I guess I'll never know for sure if it's really going to condemn us or not (religiously talking).

But thanks anyways guys!!

I apologize about all the mess Candylover...

I was on the fence about coming into this topic, as I have battled 3 times before! BUT here goes! NO WHERE in the bible - not ONE line does it state anything about masturbation! There is NO sin regarding it! Babies masturbate in the womb, ALL mammals masturbate/touch themselves! Children do it from birth all the way through their lives! They don't have images of others in their minds, as my 4 year old son said "It's OK mom I just like to make it dance!" Is a 4 year old who's only images are Blues Clues, and Lamb Chop, imagining LUST!? Of course not! The NATURAL act of masturbation can NEVER be considered a sin! What can be interpreted as one is when that NATURAL act is done WITH LUST! Thus why in the ENTIRE bible it does NOT mention "Pleasuring Thy Self!"

And what a ridiculous statement to put smoking pot and murdering in the same sentence! Smoking pot is NOT natural, Committing Murder is NOT natural! Masturbation, Breathing, Blinking, IS! It is a NATURAL Bodily Function!

So here here Mudchic! And Big hugs to Candylover - I think you have your question answered heh kiddo?

Ok, first don't worry MudChic I know you where just trying to help!

And second, thank you so much bambi, your statement made a lot of sence to me and probably I won't feel so guilty after masturbating and that's all thanks to you!! LoL So thank you and what you said about your 4 year old I thought it was totally cute "I just like to make it dance" haha :-D

Again THANKS to all of you guys!!! <3 And big hugs to you too!!

None of us know if it is truly a sin or not. Each of us have different mindsets on everything, all of us are different. But one thing is for sure, masturbation is not a big sin at all. If u feel guilty u can just pray to god and ask for forgiveness, his listening to you. Masturbation will be very hard to stop no matter what you do, yes it is true its a very natural thing and nothing can change it. If u don't masturbate there are bad side effects, which u can search up but masturbating does not, if u don't do it all the time. Masturbation is not a sin nor it is good, its just us, our body, we are humans, created by god.

I know a lot would say that it's natural to masturbate and I from personal experience believe it. However, because I have been raised to believe that an natural man is an enemy to God, I feel guilty. Don't want to really but I do. Just can't help myself. I guess whatever happens between God and I happens and I just continue to do what I do because if I could stop I would have done it by now.

Listen, sin is sin. If you asked this question then you know that there is a Heaven and hell. Which there is. Now ive had problems with this before i knew someone that held the cure. I bet after you felt heavy heated but relieved correct? Or you felt like your goal of the day was accomplished? We have the power to create and to destroy. God had given us the power to create (babies)(life) through Him. The enemy (devil) (satan) wants us to destroy that life we're able to create. That's why it's so tempting to do it. As young men i can say yes ive struggled with it but only Jesus is the cure. Happiness isn't in the girls, sex, or any of that. I've had sex, done, drugs, fought, but i was never happy. All of it left me empty hearted. Just pray to Jesus. And trusty me he'll hear you, and He's real.