im a 15 year old christian and one of m friends told me its bad to masterbate
or watch porn if your a christien so please help

Different cultures approach the topic differently.
Some strict christian beliefs will condemn both practices.
others are more liberal and tolerant.

The question is not if you can masturbate if you are christian.
That's like asking "can you be male if you're a chirstian". Of course you can.

Most medical thinking says that maturbation is normal and natural, and will not harm a person. All men masturbate. Most women do, but not ALL and not all men admit to masturbation.

When it comes to porn, that's another topic entirely.
We can CHOOSE whether we look or watch porn. Most people discourage this as it tends to devalue women and treat people as objects for our gratification. But some porn can provide a positive benefit. I will leave that to the marriage counselors and doctors to discuss with their specific patients.

But masturbation, while a choosen act, is considered much more acceptable by the enlightened medical community today. And many religious leaders accept it also.

Good luck.
I hope this helped.

Get a GF and go for real sex if it stop your problem. If not, control yourself. Cannot, then talk to your pastor

I have had the same question before allot of the time.  I know that even though I struggle with porno it is wrong because the Bible talks about how a man is not to lust over a womans body unless you are the husband of a wife and just lusting over her who you have a life long commitment to.  When it comes to masterbation, I believe at least every man deals with it as they hit puberty and start discovering their body parts and then discover sensational spots on the Penis especially when in the shower and cleaning themselves on the Penis.  It is just like stumbling upon something you diddnt expect to find or happen, but you enjoy it and even search further for other spots on your body that please you.  Never the less...  There is a scripture in the Bible......    
1 Corinthians 3:16

New International Version (NIV)

16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?

I believe what that is saying is that if we want God in our body and souls we cant have filthy thoughts or actions because He is to worship, and our bodies are God's temple, and I am sure God is not a man like that who has filthy thoughts when not the right time in your life to have.  I do believe though that God understands our hearts and if we do things such as masturbation for filth and a thrill only, or if we just cant help it.  Because I masterbate allot of the time if I am depressed to get my mind off those thoughts and get pleased to get out of depression.  I hope this was helpful.

Lazybones,

You've had more than a year to mull this over.

By now you have come to realize that many of your friends will tell you conflicting directions as if they are Law.

Many times, they are as confused as you are, and by loudly stating that they are sure something is condemned...or prohibited, they are also revealing that they are challenged to hold that hard line also.

What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't be too hard on yourself if you find sex pleasurable.  Masturbation is a very normal means of sexual expression.  Pornography is not a socially acceptable outlet for sexual interest, but many adults do use it.  The trick is to keep it under control so that you can choose to use it if you like, but not condition yourself to depend upon it.  Like a spice. A little from time to time is nice, but you wouldn't want a steady diet of it...and you wouldn't want that to be something you enjoy INSTEAD of making strong personal relationships.

If you still are struggling with this, go see your family doctor.  I'm sure they can help you understand your options and the issue.

I will tell you that most of the time we ask these questions we already know the answers to them. If you are saved as you said you are, then when you picked up the porno mag or turned on the porn, the Holy spirit immediately convicted you about your actions, even before you actually did it, conviction came when the desire surfaced. When you find yourself sneaking or hiding to do something, or rationalizing, it is wrong and you know it. You just want to fulfill the lust of your flesh. But God is so good- I Corinthians 10:13 No trial has overtaken you that is not faced by others.9 And God is faithful: He10 will not let you be tried beyond what you are able to bear,11 but with the trial will also provide a way out so that you may be able to endure it. With that said, I tell you I don't care what other people say, pornography is a tool of satan and is meant to put in bondage and destroy men and women. The whole atmosphere and nature of pornography is dark and loveless. Not even closely the same as the most raunchy sex between a married couple who love each other and have not let porn invade and defile their bed. Now that we are clear on pornography, masturbation I tell you I believe the context of the act matters which renders it as sin or not. For example, when you first masturbated I assume it was at the discovery of your sexual organs function (such as bathing and discovering how good it felt to keep soaping yourself) which would imply you were not exposed to sexually explicit material at an early age to jump start your sexual nature in a negative fashion. This context of masturbation I believe is okay, now masturbating because you saw the latest raunchy music video or porno movie, you feed your flesh though the eye gate the delicacies of the devil, it will in return want it's loaded lust to be fulfilled. James 1:15 Then when desire conceives, it gives birth to sin, and when sin is full grown, it gives birth to death. 1:16 Do not be led astray, my dear brothers and sisters.16 Final word, what you entertain shapes your desires. Remember that when you can't understand why you feel the way that you do or can't seem to stop doing something. Hope this helps.

Lazybones It's more then okay to masturbate Though most christian's discourage it because they believe it will lead to you wanting the real thing and getting a girlfriend and going for the real thing isn't the solution...... If you don't want to masturbate and you feel like its a sin don't do it I am a christian myself i don't feel conviction over it but you shouldn't watch porno Your lusting after women every time you do. Good luck and stay in church :)

its a sin a don't start doing it because its really hard to stop 

He's 15, lol. That's illegal.

I dont know

! Rabbi Ysirael says the Tora (Old Testament) is not a History Book!!! It is about teaching Universal Truths, not Historical Truths!!! That means the Jews made up the Old Testament which the Christians & Moslems copied word for word. My suggestion, save up yer nickels, find yourself the ugliest, cheapest w**** and ask her DO YOU Believe in Ezekiel 23:19&20? Here's 50£---Show me, baby!!! Do not Project your understanding of what Christanity is all about onto yourself or others people based upon some moldy Jewish Wives Tales taken out of context. Liveth your Life to its fullest---in 60 years, you'll have a stroke, will be unable to get it up and will live the ultimate Christian sexless lifestyle!!!

I thing it us very natural beacuse of the human Harmon can't help the fact that it need a little affection this is natrual for Christian and then some

Its a bit difficult to say whether it's Ok to masturbate or not as a Christian since there is no mention of masturbation in the Bible (as a Christian the Bible should be our base for discussion right?)
However the bible says "if you look onto a woman lustfully you have committed adultery.
Now the question is - what are you thinking about while masturbating? Most men think about a woman they know. Some women also think about a guy they know.
The second point is we are told sex is only for marriage and the end result of sex is an orgasm. So taking that into consideration, masturbation really is an alternative to what God says you should do only in marriage. You're trying to cheat the system.
Thirdly, you were asking about porn. The bible says we shouldn't look upon the nakedness of one we are not married to. When you watch porn aren't you looking at the nakedness of someone you are not married to? Plus..... porn actors and actresses aren't married to each other so you are looking upon people who are committing adultery. Sorry my answer hits hard.

Thank you brother it helped