hi there,my name is khaled,i am 15,and i am muslem,in our relegion masterbating is against the QURAN{moslem's holy book}
SO ithink this has to be for a reason,mabeit has an effect on health,i heard it shortens the sexual intercorse time,and for men it makes the penus weaker and bent,alsow it makes the erection weaker

Please reply soon %-)

That is a very difficult subject regarding religion aspect.

I am not a moslem, but do believe that what ever relegion anybody follows especially now , needs to be treated with great respect, with respect and understanding towards different cultures and beliefs

I do not know what the Quran says about masturbation exactly. and l do not want to offend you.

But masturbation is a very normal action that the majority of people do, it make you feel good, and does not hurt anyone. I imagine it would be very hard to not do, especially at your age when all of these feelings are just new and exciting. Dont worry a lot, about what you are doing, l thing your feelings are very normal with masturbation, and i imagine really hard to stop, but obviously you are struggling with the religion and your teachings.

When you said that if might make the mans erection weaker, well that is not exactly true , nor does it shorten the sexual intercourse time..

If you really think about this, think for yourself, although the Quran might profess a way to live your life, you always have the right to question anything, and dont blindly follow what you are told. Think for yourself, ask questions outside your religion, learn as much as you can.. Ane embrace your religion for the good things

Hi there. I just wanted to clear this out. I am a 100% supporter for what our non-muslim friend said and I liked the way he responded to the other muslim guy (khaled). I just wanted to clear this out in a way that will suit khaled's mind and he'll definetley understand it.

Masterbating is not HARAM. It is haram under one condition. As you see, in Islam, if you want to pray or do anything that has got to do with worshipping God such as reading Quran as an example, you should be clean, you can't pray or read the Quran if you aren't clean. So if a paryer passes and you are still not clean, then it becomes haram, because it deprives you from worshipping God, since you are not clean if you have masterbated and not clean here I mean that you have to take a shower. So, here's a piece of advice from muslim guy with good intentions.

If you don't want to blame yourself for masterbating and then missing a prayer (which is haram) do like what I do. Masterbate ONLY before taking a shower and then take a shower and there you go, you'll be clean and you'll be able to worship God again. Of course, when you approach God, you should be clean, because as the Prophet Mohammed said: "Cleanliness is a part of the faith"

And by the way, masterbating gave me a good relationship with my father. My father & I used to fight everyday to take a shower and I used to ignore him until he gets furious at me and then I end up taking a showerand under him watching me (Of course, from outside the bathroom) and sice implementing this technique, I am now keeping up my prayers and getting along so good with my father. At this age, you have no committment such as marriage or children to feed and take care of so enjoy this phase of your life and thank you for reading my relpy. take care & keep your engines rolling. Bye.

ACTULLY MASTURBATION IS NOT AGGAINST ISLAM BECAUSE IT DOES NOT SAY IT IN THE QURAN. MASTERBATION HELPS YOU CONTROL YOURSELF SO U DONT DO ACTUALLY INTERCORSE WITHOUT A MARRAIGE. AND U SHOULD CHECK URE INFO!!

khaled ma brother dont worry have faith in you dont listen to other people they are full of it. only Allah could decide what happens to you in the future.

Guest wrote:

spilling of the seed in a sin. Thinking of another woman while you're married or she's married is a sin of adultry of the mind.

you're right you are lusting which is a sin..try 2 convert your lust into something lik reading a book

hi i am a Muslim too and yes Quran forbids it but there are conditions.Quran only allows it when you know that you can't control yourself and you know that you gonna commit sin then you can do it otherwise no.our relegion is very vast .And take shower.

it is haraam. and its a test from God whether you can stop yourself from going after such desires, if you pass the test, you will be rewarded in the hereafter InshAllah

wow who really cares. Its ur life and you can do what you want with it. 8-|

hi,
i am a muslim and i once thought like you and i still feel guilty sometimes but ike ppl said it could be haram because it can lead to other sins like porn and sex, and i see it as a good thing for young muslims like u because it can stop ur sexual needs and replace sex. jsut make sure to take a shower when done and all should be good :-)
(there have been shakes that say its ok and some that said haram)

hi,

i am a muslim and i once thought like you and i still feel guilty sometimes but ike ppl said it could be haram because it can lead to other sins like porn and sex, and i see it as a good thing for young muslims like u because it can stop ur sexual needs and replace sex. jsut make sure to take a shower when done and all should be good :)

i am not muslim, and am a woman. masturbating is natural guys. i am not trying to get into a religious conflict here by any means.

reading a book isn't going to take your mind off your erection, or maybe it will. but when you get a erection your penis has one thing on its mind.

when a man and woman get married they do things to each other sexualy to get satisfaction from one another. they are binded now only to each other.

when we commit sins they say to ask for forgivness right? we are only human and we all make mistakes in our lifetime. what sins are to one religion isn't the same for other religions. if masturbation helps you releave youself and keeps you from cheating on your wife or engaging in unmarried sex than do it.

if you feel that you have commited a sin ask for forgiveness.

One word: Propaganda

Without doubt, many well-guided scholars of Islam have answered this controversial question: Is masterbation haram? The general consensus among them is a definite yes. Masterbation is from shatan and dirty it is, indeed. Allah hates it because when it is performed, one usually pictures him/her self indulging in sexual intercourse which is a cursed sin. Many hadeeths support this argument and the sahaba used to say something like this, whoever masterbates then may Allah curse the hand of which they used. Under one condition, it does become fardth or a must. When one is sooo close to participating in zena or unlawful sexual intercourse and the only way to avoid it is by way of masterbation; doing the lesser of the two evils.
Now if you (khaled) wish to masterbate.... thats fine. Just know you are getting a sin for it and in todays society it is very common among people to masterbate. Also, masterbation may in some ways be healthy as some doctors have argued. But the point being is the evil outweighs the benefits..... trust me it can really mess you up psychologically. This doesn't mean that you should take the previous statement and rest on it like most of the shabab do. I know how hard it is to practice absolute abstinence until marriage... but it is a desicion every muslim should make. I am a 17 year old in colorado and I go through a lot of fitna but I'm determined not to commit zena. And Allah knows best.

alsalamualikum

My dear brother khaled and all muslim brothers, i know how hard it is to live without masterbating specially at puberty, i have lived through that stage, and i have tried very hard to stop myself from doing wrong stuff and alhamdulilah by gods grace i could control my self. I always used to say god is watching me do it, isnt it shamefull .. !! I know it is difficult but it is not acceptable by our religion, we have to try hard and stop our selves from doing bad things, as we are grown-ups (teenagers) we have to think as men now and think about our future and marriage, and stop thinking about these acts as they might let us fall into sins and following the wrong paht.

Masturbation is sinful, being prohibitively disliked, because of its many personal and societal ill-effects that are known and recognised in sane traditional societies and by balanced people the world over.

As for modern 'expert' opinions that there is 'nothing wrong with it,' these are the opinions of the same people who see nothing wrong with fornication, nudity, and most other personal and social depravity.

The early Muslims used to say, "The one who weds his hand is accursed." (Fath al-Qadir)

Its prohibition was established by Allah Most High's words, "Those who guard their private parts, except from their spouses..." [Qur'an, 23: 5]

Thus, the general ruling regarding sexual activity is that it is impermissible, except through the particular channel that Allah permitted, out of His tremendous wisdom and mercy for His creation.

The rulings of the Shariah are for the worldly and eternal benefit of humanity, as a manifestation of the tremendous mercy of Allah, for Allah Himself is absolutely free of any need. Rather, it is we who need guidance, to give true joy and illumination to our lives in this world and the next.

So, When Could Masturbation Possibly Be Allowed?

Masturbation is only allowed in the very rare situation where:

*if the person did not do this, they genuinely fear that they would fall into actual zina (i.e. unlawful sexual intercourse), because of their uncontrollable desire, and
*they are unable to marry, and
*have taken all reasonable means to lessen their passion (such as fasting, lowering their gaze, avoiding meat and dairy products, avoiing those things that stir their desires, such as bad company, spending unnecessary time outdoors, especially in public places such as shopping malls where there is fitna, avoiding watching tv and surfing the internet, etc).

In such cases, it is not haram because of the principle that, "If there are only two options, but harmful, then one takes the lesser of the two harms to avoid the greater one."

However, when there are third options, it remains impermissible to take the lesser harm, such as masturbation.

Even when the conditions outlined above are met, it would only not be impermissible to the extent necessary to quieten one's sexual desire, not for sexual gratification. Otherwise, it would remain sinful. These conditions are extremely rare.