Hey there. My neighbor Kathy has a huge problem with her cat. She is suffering from rash, and everything was just fine until her cat started to lose hair. This is all caused by this rash. She was taking her to the vet, but nothing – she is still losing her hair. Her cat is seven years old, and she never had any health problems until now. I was wondering, is there any cure to stop this? Do you have experience with this? Can you tell me how to prevent hair loss caused by rash on her cat?

Thank you so much! 

Hey. I had the same problem with my cat. She was suffering from horrible rash, and she started to lose her hair. I was scared because I didn’t know what to do, and I think that it was worse every other day. So, I went to see the vet and he told me that this was cause by the rash. He told me that this abnormal hair loss can be a warning of several illness. He told me about some home remedies that are helpful, and they really worked for me. But, I still need to take my cat at the control to see the vet. So, seeing the vet is the first option. 

Hello there. I had problems with my cat's hair falling of as a result of a rash several times. Here is what you can do to prevent it. You can use an omega 3 supplement. It will surely help. I think a vet suggested me to use it, I can’t remember well, it was long time ago.

It will also help to groom your pet regularly. That way you will remove bacteria from the skin and hair follicles. Of course, a healthy diet plan will certainly help with preventing a rash in the first place since it enhances your pet’s immune system, so he/she becomes immune to many infections and bacteria that can occur.

Hello.

First of all, you need to determine the cause of cat’s rash. If one vet cannot diagnose that, you need to ask for another opinion. Proper diagnosis is essential for curing her.

From my experience, one of the most common causes is flea and/or food allergies. To prevent these problems, you need to setup a proper diet for your pet and apply a monthly flea preventative (with collars or shampoos).

And you need to be 100% sure that hair loss is caused by rash. Sometimes cats can pull their hair by themselves because they are stressed and in that case only paying a lot more attention can help (limitless grooming included  :) ).

Of course that there is a cure, and I don’t know how vet cannot determine what is the main cause of this rash? You should see another one, find other opinion. As far as I can see you are not sure what is the cause of this rash, you cannot treat your cat if you don’t know the cause. There can be so many reasons why your cat is losing her hair. You can prevent this in any case, not just if this is about the rash. But, you need to be sure what is the main reason. Problems can occur if you are treating your cat wrong. 

They are right. You need to know what caused the rash. And what you need to prevent is the rash and not the hair loss.

First you find the cause,  then you try to eliminate the cause in the future.

And that, my dear, is the first step that you will need to do- prevent a rash. And by preventing a rash, you will also be preventing cat’s hair falling of.Those supplements that someone mentioned above are not at all a bad idea, regardless of that situation of yours. They are healthy when taken even if the cat doesn’t have any skin problems. 

My darling, you don’t even know what is the main cause of this rash. You want to tell you how to treat your cat from rash? Because, rash is really huge meaning when we are talking about cats, you know? You can cure your cat from SOME rash, you need to know what it is exactly. When you find the main cause of the rash, you will know how to heal your cat, and you will prevent hair loos caused by rash. Really simple. You should even check the food that you cat eats, it can be one of the reasons as well. 

My cat also has a rash and I have no idea why did she get it. She never had it before, and I bought her about 5 years ago. She was just a kitten back there.
Now she often has skin problems. I don’t know why. At first I thought she was allergic to something even though she did not eat anything different, she didn’t go out. Nothing ‘’new’’ was in her surroundings.
But now, I don’t think that it’s the allergy anymore.
I’d love to hear some general tips for rashes and how to prevent them.