I had to wear a braided hairstyle to a wedding a couple of weeks ago. I got it done a week before the wedding and tried keeping it in for a few days but the style was so tight and my scalp was hurting/burning so bad that I wound up taking it out last sunday night. It's been 6 days and my scalp is still burning/itching extremely bad. I've checked my scalp and there are no sore/scabs and I'm not experiencing any hair loss. What could be the problem and what can I do to get rid of the intense burning sensation? I also have a history of depression/anxiety.

Hello, my head started to itch just by reading about your problem lol. Anyhow, i understand that this might cause some concern for you but i think that there is nothing you should be worried about. That itching and burning is normal after wearing braided hair. I know my girlfriend was complaining about the same problems after she braided her hair. It took her like couple of days until she got back to normal. Maybe the best thing for you to do is to wash your hair at least once a day, or twice, but when you shampoo your hair make sure you massage your scalp. It will help you get rid of the itching faster. This burning and itching happens because you have irritated your scalp with your hairstyle. Just hang on for phew more days, wash your hair thoroughly and you will be back to normal in no time. Hope this helps you out.