I have recently started having problem with the bottom of my left eye lid twitching. I will be talking and it will happen, I will be sitting watching TV and it will randomly happen and sometimes when I sneeze it does it. The twitching usually lasts for 5-10 seconds. Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

Hi! This often happens to me too, and it can drive you mad! The twitching is actually a little spasm that goes on in your eyelid. As you describe, it's completely involuntary and tends to go on for a few minutes, although it generally goes away by itself. The truth is that no one actually knows what causes it, but it's thought to be related to stress, fatigue and often caffeine. It can be related to some minor eye conditions and sometimes drugs, especially those used to treat epilepsy. It’s also thought that there could be a genetic link to the problem. Rarely it can get worse, but in general it’s just an annoyance for a while.