Hi everyone,

I'm new to these panic attacks. I started having them about a month ago and I didn't really know anything about them. I have never met anyone suffering from these things so I don't know if other people react to it the same way as I do, do they last for the same amount of time, and stuff like that.

So I wanted to ask the people who are suffering from panic attacks if they can tell me how many panic attacks do you have daily and how long do they usually last, I want to compare this with my panic attacks.

Hi Eating Boss,

I am interested to know about your panic attacks as well. Well, mines usually last for around 10 minutes but it takes me up to an hour after that to recover. It never lasts longer than 15-20 minutes, I suppose.

I never had more than 2 panic attacks a day. I usually have just one or two a day and I don't remember the last time that I had a normal day, like, a day without a single panic attack. I hate this but my doctor told me that I am getting better. I hope that he is right.

My condition is really bad actually, I have 2 or 3 panic attacks every day and I don't remember a single day without panic attacks either. Three panic attacks a day became a common thing for me which is sad, isn't it?

They also last for quite long, sometimes they can last for up to 30 minutes. I swear, I get so frightened, I get scared for my life, in some moments, I think I would prefer it if I would just die. My doctor gave me some advice on how to stop these panic attacks but whatever I tried, nothing really worked.

Hey guys,

Okay, so it is not really the same for everyone.

I can go even a few days without a single panic attack, and sometimes I can have two attacks in a single day, I never know. Compared to you guys, I really have days without panic attacks so that makes it a bit easier for me than for you guys. 

I don't think mines last for more than 15 minutes. I get really scared and terrified but luckily, these feelings don't last for too long, otherwise I don't know what would I do about it. Is there anything that you are doing as a treatment or such?

I usually have panic attack when my heart rate is very high. Panic attacks can cause the heart rate and pulse to go up as well as your blood pressure. Now, in that case your body is equipped to handle it and it will not harm you. It is only temporary, but it still needs to be observed. Whenever you are having some panic attacks, you need to consult your doctor about it and tell him how you feel. You can have a numerous of panic attacks , there are no rules. Also, there are no rules on how long they can last. 

Like you could read, there are no rules on how often and how many panic attacks you can have. I am having between 5 - 6 panic attacks approximately every day, and that usually happens in the afternoon as the night comes. But you need to know that everyone is different and someone can go for months without having one of them, and then you can have a couple of attacks per day for weeks. I know also that bipolar disorders can cause them as well. So, I am using medications to control my panic attacks. You should ask your doctor to prescribe you some of them as well.

Health Advisor

Hi. You cannot just go to your doctor and ask him to prescribe you something that is going to help you deal with your panic attacks. You need to do some tests as well. If you are using certain medications, your doctor maybe will not be able to prescribe you some other medications. My sister's good friend was using beta blockers and she started to be very depressed. Well, very soon doctors find out that the main reason why she is depressed is because of those beta blockers. I was reading a lot about it and I found out that this is true - beta blockers can cause you feel more depressed than you are usually. 

I have to agree with you about this one, about beta blockers. But lets go back to the topic. I am having problems with panic attacks, and I have one in the morning, one during the day and the worst panic attack is during the night. I don't remember a day when I had just one attack. It is really bad. So, I cannot tell you that this is correct and that you can't have more than 3 attacks during the day, because that is not true. You could read about this as well. But it is very important to know how to fight against those attacks, who to contact, what to do...