I am overweight a little and I was reading a lot about cholesterol, fat and cellulite. Anyway, lately I have heard for the term cellulitis. Off course, I was thinking that is something about fat tissues. When my sister told me that is not close true, I was confused. Can you tell me what does it actually means, because now I really want to know?

I had the same problem once I have heard for this term for the first time. I was thinking the same you do, but after some researches I found out cellulitis are something else of that, what I was thinking. I found out that cellulitis is a potentially serious bacterial infection of the skin, appears as a swollen, red area of skin. It usually feels hot and tender, and it may spread rapidly. Skin on the lower legs or face is most commonly affected by this infection. Anyway, I have heard that cellulitis can occur on any part of the skin. The infection may only be superficial, but it may also affect the tissues underlying skin. Problem with cellulitis is that it can spread to the lymph nodes and bloodstream. If this condition is left untreated, the spreading bacterial infection may rapidly turn into a life-threatening condition. That is why it is important to recognize the signs and symptoms of cellulitis. After patient recognizes this, he should seek immediate medical attention because this condition is not for waiting to pass.