I don't know if I can get anymore test strips but I need more.  I take my blood sugar 4 times a day and I keep running out of strips.  I want to get more... is this a possibility or do I need to get the doctor to authorize me to get more?  I need this many blood sugars done each day so that I can watch my blood glucose levels much more closely and be able to control it mroe.  Would I have to order them off online on a website, or ebay?  Or do I just get them from the pharmacy like usual?  I hope to get as many as I want that way I can watch what foods do what to my blood sugar.  I am hoping to figure this out then I will know what I should and shouldn’t include in my diet.  Any help will be appreciated!

I believe you should be able to buy as many test strips you want, however, your health insurance may not cover additional strips.  I would not buy test strips off of ebay in case the box of test strips sold there are defective or outdated.  You should be able to go to your local pharmacy and buy them. You may be able to order them online through a reputable store or from discount diabetic supply companies that are advertised on television.  I know that test strips can be very expensive.  Some are around $80 for a box of 50 strips so this can add up quickly if you are wanting to check your blood sugar multiple times a day.  If you have the money to spend on these extra test strips, you should be able to buy as many as you want to.  If you cannot afford them, you may be able to get your doctor to order a script of more test strips so your insurance may pick up some or all of the cost.