Hi guys, I really have a problem. Computer says 'no' to more test strips? I don't know what to do now. I mean don't they know we need our test strips and why would they not give us more. How am I supposed to measure my blood sugar levels.? Gees, they cost so much to begin with I can barely afford to buy them. What's going on here. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do about that. I don't even know where to begin. I'm going to contact my doctor but I don't even know what to tell her. I haven't asked for test strips outside of my prescription so I should be okay. I test my blood 4 times a day so that's 30 days times 4 which equals 120 strips per day. What's going on? Need help!

Hello, It could be that your diabetes manager seems to think you don't need to check your blood glucose levels 4 times a day. This may be over kill for your particular situations. Perhaps you need your situation evaluated again to find out if you need to check 4 times a day. Some people check their blood sugar levels up to 15 times a day and they don't need to. They're just being a bit paranoid. There are only so many test strips available at any particular time. My guess is that they feel your blood sugar levels are stable and you don't need to test that much. On the other hand this could be a mistake. You need to contact your doctor or diabetes manager and make an appointment. Make sure you bring your records with of your blood sugar levels to demonstrate that you need to continue to make measurements the way you do.. Discuss with them about the job you have and driving that you have to do that makes it important to check your blood sugar levels regularly. There are people that waste their blood strips because they test too often for what they need. That hurts everyone else. If you can demonstrate that you need the test strips you were given a prescription for, I'm sure they will give them to you. They may need to update your medical file to do so. Not to worry, this is usually simple enough but just inconvenient. It's possible that you need even more test strips to maintain your diabetic condition. Now's a good time to find that out. You may be entitled to more strips than you are currently getting.