Hello, I need some help here. I have NO more test strips bucks! Is it possible to get free test strips somehow? I have no idea how to go about doing that. Has anyone else out there run out of money and can't afford to buy them. Please let me know if you were able to get free test strips and how you went about doing that. Right now, I've been using as few strips as I can and I'm down to measuring my blood sugar levels 3 times a week. That's not working. I have no way of managing my diabetes. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know. Thanks

Yes, it is possible to get free diabetic test strips and other supplies as well as other medications for type1 and 2. There is an ACT1 Diabetes Group: Adults Coping with Type 1 diabetes that is a volunteer group that helps type 1s with non-prescription test supplies such as meters, strips and lancets. This is a free program and is handled on an individual basis by email. They get their supplies from donations from the public and in turn make them available to those in need. This is geared towards individuals who do not have insurance or have been denied insurance for pre-existing conditions or you're just going through a serious money crunch. This is not meant to be a long-term solution but rather short-term. Also, go to Free Diabetes Test Supplies for massive amounts of information in free supplies and how to go about doing that. There is also another website called Free Diabetes Test Supplies mailing list that you'll want to subscribe to (it's free). They send you emails on a regular basis about new places that have come available that have free supplies and how to contact them. If your familiar with Twitter, there is another site @Act1Diabetes. If you're not on Twitter, not to worry, signup is easy. Try to check out all these sites, I'm sure you can get help, at least temporarily. I wish you the best of luck!